Seems like only yesterday I was putting together the Top 40 Design & Illustration Posts of 2014. How time flies... it's 2016 already!
This year, we've seen a few new things worth mentioning before we get into our top 40 from the Design & Illustration section in 2015:
- We've had a small change to our name... from Tuts+ to Envato Tuts+. This is so we're more aligned with our parent company, Envato (who most will know from Envato Market).
- We hit the landmark 500 courses... in fact, at time of writing, we've smashed this and currently have over 670 video courses!
- We've created many new learning guides including the awesome ...in 60 Seconds series, Careers in Design & Illustration and Adobe Photoshop for Kids.
- Diversity has been at the forefront of our themes and aims on Envato Tuts+, as it should be with all education. We've been kicking off content with worldwide themes with Global Influences, and publishing content with a variety of gender and LGBTQI themes.
- Halloween this year was filled with content on The Wizard of Oz instead of the usual ghouls. It was so much fun organising it that we're planning our next movie week in January... Hint: it might be the one that you want!
So enough with patting ourselves on the back—let's get into this Top 40.
The Top 40 Design & Illustration Posts of 2015
In no specific order, these are the posts our readers loved in 2015.
- Post-ProcessingFacebook JPEG Compression: How to Get the Best Image Quality on Your TimelineMarie Gardiner
- Photo ManipulationMake a Trendy Double Exposure Effect in Adobe PhotoshopYulia Sokolova
- Text EffectsHow to Create a Realistic Neon Light Text Effect in Adobe PhotoshopRose
- Drawing Theory10 Drawing Myths That Block Your ProgressMonika Zagrobelna
- Adobe Illustrator10 Essential Tips & Tools All Adobe Illustrator Beginners Should LearnSharon Archer-Thomas
- Drawing TheoryWhy Is It So Hard to Draw From Imagination? Here's How to Do It!Monika Zagrobelna
- Icon DesignHow to Create Stylish Flat Space Icons in Adobe PhotoshopYulia Sokolova
- Text EffectsHow to Create a Clean, Glossy Plastic Text Effect in Adobe PhotoshopRose
- Hand LetteringHand Lettering: Mastering Brush-ScriptScott Biersack
- WallpapersCreate a Dimensional Raindrop Desktop Wallpaper Illustration in Adobe IllustratorMary Winkler
- Text EffectsCreate an Easy 3D Metallic Text Effect in Adobe PhotoshopRose
- IllustrationHow to Create a Flat Grayscale Cityscape in Adobe IllustratorYulia Sokolova
- Text EffectsCreate a 3D Retro Text Effect Using Layer Styles in Adobe PhotoshopRose
- Digital PaintingHow to Paint Realistic Eyes in Adobe PhotoshopAlice Catrinel Ciobotaru
- PortraitHow to Create a Stylized Captain’s Portrait in Adobe IllustratorYulia Sokolova
- BrushesHow to Create Custom Water Splash Brushes in Adobe PhotoshopKirk Nelson
- PatternsCreate a Crazy Sticker Bombing Seamless Pattern in Adobe IllustratorYulia Sokolova
- Font DesignThe Basics of Drawing Type & Creating Your Own Handwritten FontGrace Fussell
- IllustrationHow to Create a Bouquet of Spring Flowers in Adobe IllustratorNataliya Dolotko
- Hand LetteringHand Lettering: How to Vector Your LetterformsScott Biersack
- TypographyThe Complete Beginner’s Guide to Chinese FontsKendra Schaefer
- Photo ManipulationCreate a Fantasy Landscape Matte Painting in Adobe PhotoshopJenny Le
- DrawingHow to Learn to Draw: Stage One, Manual SkillsMonika Zagrobelna
- Text EffectsHow to Create a Stencil Banner Text Effect in Adobe PhotoshopRose
- Text EffectsHow to Create a Quick Sketch Text Effect in Adobe PhotoshopRose
- BrushesQuick Tip: How to Create a Pencil Pattern Brush in Adobe IllustratorAndrei Marius
- Text EffectsHow to Create a Quick Sparkling Diamonds Text Effect in Adobe PhotoshopRose
- Layer MasksHow to Create and Use Luminosity Masks in Adobe PhotoshopKirk Nelson
- Text EffectsHow to Create a Glowing Metal Text Effect in Adobe PhotoshopRose
- Logo DesignCreate a Retro Logotype on a Blurred Background in Adobe IllustratorYulia Sokolova
- Text EffectsCreate a Quick and Simple 3D Sticker Text Effect in Adobe PhotoshopRose
- DrawingHow to Draw a Stick Figure: a Complex GuideMonika Zagrobelna
- DrawingQuick Tip: Clean Up Your Traditional Drawings in PhotoshopMonika Zagrobelna
- Graphic DesignUnderstanding Adobe Illustrator's Grid SystemAndrei Stefan
- Digital Painting10 Basic Mistakes in Digital Painting and How to Fix ThemMonika Zagrobelna
- Photo EffectsCreate a Taylor Swift "Style" Inspired Double Exposure Effect in PhotoshopKirk Nelson
- Adobe PhotoshopFree Alternatives to Adobe Creative CloudMary Winkler
- Logo DesignTeam Awesome: From Hand-Lettered Logotype to Vector in Adobe IllustratorRoberlan Borges
- Photo ManipulationCreate a Funny Surreal Underground Scene With Adobe PhotoshopJenny Le
- AnimalsCreate a Cute Deer Illustration in Adobe IllustratorIoana Sopov
Happy New Year and All the Best for 2016!
Did your favourite get into the top 40? Did we miss it? Share with us in the comments. While you're at it, is there something you want to learn in 2016? No matter how niche or specific it is, please tell us.
On behalf of the instructors of Design & Illustration and the Envato Tuts+ team, I'd like to wish you all a Happy New Year and all the best for 2016. Let's hope this is your year!
Envato Tuts+ tutorials are translated into other languages by our community members—you can be involved too!Translate this post