2014 has been a very busy year for the Design & Illustration section of Tuts+ and here's why:
- We've successfully merged into one unified site to provide all content within the Tuts+ family in one glorious site! This helped give you all your design content within one wonderful section... Design & Illustration.
- We've ventured into more niche areas of content, such as fractal art and Arabic calligraphy.
- We've been expanding our content for smaller software brands, such as Sketch, Inkscape, Pixelmator and iDraw.
- We've been reaching out to more of our community by translating our most popular tutorials into a variety of languages, such as Portuguese, German, Arabic, Russian and Spanish.
And there's so much more to mention, but the main thing is, we provide all this written tutorial content for free!
The Top 40 Design & Illustration Posts of 2014
So apart from all of these highlights of 2014, what exactly were the top tutorials posted in the Design & Illustration section? Well in no particular order, it's my pleasure to share with you our top 40 tutorials.
- Print DesignHow to Create a Promotional Flyer in PhotoshopRóbert Šarudy
- Photo EffectsHow to Add Realistic Falling Snow to a Photo in PhotoshopTony Aube
- TypographyMastering Calligraphy: How to Write in Cursive ScriptMegan Eckman
- PortraitHow to Render Short, Detailed Hair in Adobe IllustratorSharon Archer-Thomas
- Tools & Tips10 Things You Need to Know About Smart Objects in PhotoshopMartin Perhiniak
- Text EffectsHow to Write in the Sand in Adobe PhotoshopRose
- DrawingHuman Anatomy Fundamentals: How to Draw HandsJoumana Medlej
- ComicsCartoon Fundamentals: How to Draw the Female FormMonika Zagrobelna
- TypographyMastering Calligraphy: How to Write in Roundhand ScriptMegan Eckman
- Pixel ArtHow to Create an Animated Pixel Art Sprite in Adobe PhotoshopGleb Polikanin
- SketchThe A to Z of SketchArmando Sotoca
- GIFHow to Optimize an Animated Gif: 10 WaysMartin Perhiniak
- Text EffectsHow to Create a Chalk Logo Effect in PhotoshopLindsey Meredith
- RoundupsThe A to Z of Adobe IllustratorMary Winkler
- ComicsCartoon Fundamentals: How to Draw Cartoon HandsCarlos Gomes Cabral
- Poster DesignCreate a Mixed Martial Arts Event Flyer in PhotoshopWojciech Pijecki
- Text EffectsCreate a High-Gloss, Bubble Gum Text Effect in PhotoshopSamuel Mensah
- IllustrationCreate an Illustrated Watercolor and Ink Photo Effect in PhotoshopSheridan Johns
- Poster DesignHow to Create an Ornate, Vintage, Poster Design in PhotoshopBenjamin Mounsey
- Character DesignCreate a Fun Cartoon Character Face in Adobe IllustratorAndrei Marius
- ModoCreate a 3D, Fruit-Textured, Text EffectTomasz Lechocinski
- VectorHow to Create Banner, Label and Badge Templates in IllustratorNataliya Dolotko
- Adobe PhotoshopThe A to Z of Adobe PhotoshopMary Winkler
- VectorHow to Create a Retro Fox Illustration in Adobe IllustratorNataliya Dolotko
- UI DesignDesigning an Elegant Blog Layout in PhotoshopTomas Laurinavicius
- VectorHow to Create a Surreal Poster Design in Adobe IllustratorMary Winkler
- PatternsHow to Create an Abstract Low-Poly Pattern in Adobe Photoshop and IllustratorMary Winkler
- Poster DesignCreate a Post-Apocalyptic Movie Poster in Adobe Photoshop and InDesignMark Mayers
- Logo DesignComparing the Logo Creation Process Between Adobe Photoshop and IllustratorMary Winkler
- AnimationCreate an Animated Interface GIF in Adobe PhotoshopMohammad Jeprie
- VectorDesign a CD Cover in Low-Polygonal Grungy Style in Adobe IllustratorYulia Sokolova
- Text EffectsCreate a Retro Gold Leather Text Effect in Adobe PhotoshopRose
- HalloweenCreate "The Walking Dead" Inspired Grungy Text Effect in Adobe PhotoshopRose
- HalloweenCreate a Spooky Forest Setting in Adobe PhotoshopKirk Nelson
- HalloweenCreate a Mysterious Halloween Scene in Adobe IllustratorYulia Sokolova
- Adobe IllustratorThe 7 Habits of Highly Efficient Adobe Illustrator UsersCheryl Graham
- ColorExperiment With Color in Adobe Illustrator to Create an Abstract Rose IllustrationMasha Goubar
- IllustrationCreate a Tattoo Style, Grunge, Day of Dead Girl Poster in IllustratorSergey Kandakov
- IllustrationCreate a Large Face, Cat Illustration from Stock in Adobe IllustratorSharon Archer-Thomas
- Adobe InDesignCreate 5 High-Impact Typography Effects in Adobe InDesignGrace Fussell
Happy New Year and All the Best for 2015!
As always, if there's something you want to learn, no matter how simple, complex or niche it is within the Design & Illustration world, drop us a comment and we'll be sure to consider it.
If you're interested in seeing if your skills and educational content can make the cut for the Top 40 posts of 2015, then why not get in touch!
I'd like to take this opportunity to wish you all the best for 2015, from Team Awesome (the ever-so-talented Design & Illustration Instructor Team) and myself. We hope you join us in 2015 for more inspirational and original content!
Subscribe below and we’ll send you a weekly email summary of all new Design & Illustration tutorials. Never miss out on learning about the next big thing.Update me weekly
Envato Tuts+ tutorials are translated into other languages by our community members—you can be involved too!Translate this post