Create fascinating text effects like your favorite shows and movies. Discover many cool trends while learning helpful typography tips along the way.
We've gathered a collection of amazing text effects to keep you inspired. Explore these incredible styles like 3D effects, long shadows, and more.
Text Effect Quick Links
Need to skip to some of our most popular text effect tutorials instead? Check out these in-depth articles from our instructors.
Free 3D Text Effect Courses
A great place to start learning text effects in Illustrator is with our free course on creating a 3D text effect. Learn every step with detailed video instruction from Daniel White, aka Dansky. Discover how to make isometric text, how to add layers and shadows, how to make freeform gradients, and more.
Or try another free course, this time with Matt Withers. You'll learn how to create 3D text in Illustrator while working on some cool projects. The course teaches eight different text styles, so there's lots to learn here!
How to Make Text Effects: The Basics
Text effects are so much more than just using the Type Tool. From understanding letterforms to developing your very own font, there are many interesting facets to text effects. Learn the basics from these tutorials.
Easy Text Effect Tutorials
Ready to get started on your first text effect? Try one of these insightful beginner tutorials. Test out your knowledge with helpful projects inspired by nature, cartoons, and popular design trends.
More Text Effect Tutorials
Want more text effects? This next collection is great for creatives with a little more experience in Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop. Challenge yourself with incredible text effect tips and tricks.
Text Effect Videos
Make sure to Subscribe to Envato Tuts+ on YouTube so you don't miss out on upcoming text effect tutorials and videos.
Here's what you'll see on the channel.
Kirk Nelson shows you how to master a nature-inspired text effect in this awesome course for Adobe Photoshop. By the end of it, you'll have a stunning garden text effect you can apply to posters and more.
One of the many ways to create text effects is with layer styles. This video will show you how to create a cool glowing effect you can apply to almost anything.
More Text Effect Videos
Want to see more videos? Check out a few similar topics:
- How to Outline Text in Adobe Photoshop
- How to Make a 3D Text Effect in Photoshop
How to Make a Wooden Text Effect with Adobe Illustrator
Premium Text Effect Resources
- Photoshop Actions42 Best Halftone Actions, Patterns, Brushes, and More! (for Photoshop and Illustrator)Melody Nieves
- Text Effects30 Creative Photoshop Text Effects—With Vibrant StylesSean Hodge
- Photoshop Actions30 Best Cartoon Photo Effects & Comic Text Photoshop ActionsMelody Nieves
- Text Effects37 Cool Photoshop Text Effects, Actions & Styles for 2020Melody Nieves
- Photoshop Actions20 Glitch & VHS Photo Effects With Digital Photoshop Art StylesMelody Nieves
- Photoshop Actions100 Super Awesome Adobe Photoshop Actions From Envato ElementsMelody Nieves
- Photoshop Actions35 Best New Photoshop Actions & Photo Effects for 2019 (Updated for 2020)Melody Nieves
- Adobe PhotoshopThe Must-Have Adobe Photoshop Assets for Designers and Digital ArtistsMary Winkler
- Christmas63 Awesome Festive Photoshop Christmas Filters & Add-OnsKirk Nelson
Further Recommended Reading
Expand your text effect knowledge with more fun reading material. Here are a few similar topics we recommend.
Subscribe below and we’ll send you a weekly email summary of all new Design & Illustration tutorials. Never miss out on learning about the next big thing.Update me weekly