2016 has officially begun, and we here at Envato Tuts+ want to make sure you keep your resolutions by helping you learn something new. From photo manipulation to digital painting and more, start the year off right by introducing yourself to Photoshop's unlimited potential.
Cover the Basics
There's no better place to start than the basics. The A to Z series features a comprehensive guide with a complete rundown of basic features, tools, and settings. You can also see more quick tips about these tools in the Photoshop in 60 Seconds series.
- Adobe PhotoshopThe A to Z of Adobe PhotoshopMary Winkler
- Adobe PhotoshopPhotoshop in 60 Seconds: How to Use Smart ObjectsKirk Nelson
- Adobe PhotoshopPhotoshop in 60 Seconds: All About Color SwatchesKirk Nelson
- Pen ToolPhotoshop in 60 Seconds: Getting a Grip on the Pen ToolKirk Nelson
Beginner Resources: Custom Brushes
The right brush can go a long way. Whether it's a dainty decorative border, a splotchy grunge brush, or an awesome traditional watercolor style, learning how to create your own custom brushes is essential to your digital art.
- BrushesHow to Create Custom Dirt and Decay Brushes in Adobe PhotoshopKirk Nelson
- BrushesCreate Your Own Rust Brushes From Scratch in Adobe PhotoshopKirk Nelson
- BrushesHow to Create Custom Shattered Glass Brushes in Adobe PhotoshopKirk Nelson
- BrushesHow to Create Custom Water Splash Brushes in Adobe PhotoshopKirk Nelson
Photoshop tutorials wouldn't be complete without learning the basics of photo retouching. Learn how to use a wide range of tools for intensity and impact in all your photography.
- Layer MasksHow to Create and Use Luminosity Masks in Adobe PhotoshopKirk Nelson
- Photo EditingHow to Colourise an Old Photograph in Adobe PhotoshopMarie Gardiner
- Photo EffectsUse Split Frequency Healing to Retouch a Photo in PhotoshopDaniel Meadows
- Retouching3 Ways to Retouch Fly-Away HairDaniel Sone
Just getting started? Photo manipulations are a great way to get familiar with the versatility of Photoshop while creating beautiful art.
- CaricatureHow to Create a Photo Caricature in Adobe PhotoshopKirk Nelson
- Photo ManipulationMake a Trendy Double Exposure Effect in Adobe PhotoshopYulia Sokolova
- Adobe PhotoshopCreate a Hot Air Balloon Scene From The Wizard of Oz in Adobe PhotoshopKirk Nelson
- Photo EffectsHow to Create a Painted Pet Portrait Effect in Adobe PhotoshopKirk Nelson
- Photo ManipulationHow to Create a Fantasy Flaming Deer With Adobe PhotoshopJenny Le
Don't feel intimidated by the wonder of digital painting. With a tablet in hand and these quick tutorials, you'll be on your way to creating beautiful digital paintings in no time!
- Design TheoryDigital Painting 101: 4 Things You Should Know Before You StartMelody Nieves
- Digital PaintingDigital Painting 101: Get to Know the Brush PanelMelody Nieves
- Digital PaintingQuick Tip: Painting With Layer Blend Modes in Adobe PhotoshopMelody Nieves
- IllustrationHow to Paint a Spring Lady Floral Portrait in Adobe PhotoshopYulia Sokolova
- Digital Painting10 Basic Mistakes in Digital Painting and How to Fix ThemMonika Zagrobelna
Creating your own icons is the perfect way to add flair and personality to your brand. Follow along with the tutorials below to create these stunning yet simple designs.
- Icon DesignHow to Create an Icon Set using Adobe PhotoshopMohammad Jeprie
- Icon DesignHow to Create Stylish Flat Space Icons in Adobe PhotoshopYulia Sokolova
- Adobe PhotoshopCreate a Series of Breakfast Pixel Art Icons in Adobe PhotoshopMary Winkler
- Icon DesignHow to Create a Map Icon Using Adobe PhotoshopMohammad Jeprie
Although Photoshop is known for its extensive use with pixel-based images, you can incorporate vectors into your work too. See how in the tutorials below!
- Tools & Tips10 Things You Need to Know About Working with Vectors in PhotoshopMartin Perhiniak
- Logo DesignComparing the Logo Creation Process Between Adobe Photoshop and IllustratorMary Winkler
- Smart ObjectsCreate a Weathered, Painted Effect With a Vector Smart Object in Adobe PhotoshopCheryl Graham
- Adobe PhotoshopCreate a Houndstooth Pattern in Both Adobe Illustrator and PhotoshopMary Winkler
Achieve beautiful text effects in just a few steps with these creative tutorials!
- Layer StylesHow to Create a Luxurious Text Effect in Adobe PhotoshopJonas Stensgaard
- Text EffectsCreate a One-Layer Retro Text Effect in Adobe PhotoshopRose
- Text EffectsHow to Create a Hot Concrete Text Effect in Adobe PhotoshopEnrique Eliçabe
- Text EffectsHow to Create a Quick Sparkling Diamonds Text Effect in Adobe PhotoshopRose
Photoshop for Kids
We have made Photoshop fun for all ages! Check out the Adobe Photoshop for Kids series for simple exercises to involve your family as a part of your learning process.
- For KidsPhotoshop for Kids: Jedi Me!Kirk Nelson
- For KidsAdobe Photoshop for Kids: Multiple Me!Kirk Nelson
- For KidsAdobe Photoshop for Kids: Mini-Me!Kirk Nelson
Integrate Photoshop into your web design workflow for ease and style.
- Complete WebsitesCreate an Illustrative Single Page Web Design With PhotoshopAlvaro Guzman
- Complete WebsitesDesign a Travel Startup Landing Page Using PhotoshopTomas Laurinavicius
- Complete WebsitesDesign a Stylish Timeline Portfolio Page Using PhotoshopTomas Laurinavicius
- Complete WebsitesDesign a Professional Blog Layout in PhotoshopMahdi El Hanafi
- Adobe PhotoshopDesign a Traveler’s Photo Diary Tumblr Theme in PhotoshopTomas Laurinavicius
Use Photoshop to create smart user interface design that is elegant and inviting.
- Adobe PhotoshopDesigning a Web App UI Kit in Adobe PhotoshopTomas Laurinavicius
- Adobe PhotoshopDesign an App Landing Page in PhotoshopTomas Laurinavicius
- UI DesignDesigning a Simple Instagram Based Portfolio in PhotoshopTomas Laurinavicius
- UI DesignDesigning an Elegant Blog Layout in PhotoshopTomas Laurinavicius
- How-ToHow to Change a Photo in a Flyer Template in Adobe PhotoshopKirk Nelson
- DesigningMaking a Print-Ready Business Card Using Only PhotoshopCollis Ta'eed
- Pixel ArtHow to Export Pixel Art for Printing in Adobe PhotoshopRené Alejandro Hernández
- Design Theory10 Design Tips for Creating Amazing Wedding InvitationsGrace Fussell
With an extensive library of design courses at your fingertips, take advantage of all that Envato Tuts+ has to offer you. Check out these courses, which are perfect for improving the fundamentals.
- Photo Manipulation Fundamentals
- The Fundamentals of Digital Painting
- Working With Color in Adobe Photoshop
You Can Do It!
Exploring your creativity begins with the first step. Stick to your goals in 2016 and join us back here at Envato Tuts+ for more inspiration! Good luck!