We've prepared a list of 100+ best free portrait tutorials from our instructors. Learn Photoshop actions, drawing, photography, and other portrait secrets from the pros!
20 Awesome Portrait Illustration Tutorials
The human face is the basis of any drawing course. With these very detailed illustration tutorials, you will learn how to create fabulous and professional stylized and traditional portrait illustrations.
- ProcreateHow to Create a Punk-Rock Portrait in ProcreateMaria Dimova
- Digital PaintingHow to Draw & Paint a Galaxy Afro Portrait in Adobe PhotoshopDaisy Ein
- ProcreateHow to Create a Summer Portrait With Ice Cream in ProcreateMaria Dimova
- PortraitHow to Paint Natural, Afro Textured Hair in Adobe PhotoshopDaisy Ein
- ProcreateHow to Create a Stylish Neon Portrait in ProcreateMaria Dimova
- IllustrationHow to Draw & Paint a Starry Unicorn Portrait in Adobe PhotoshopDaisy Ein
- PortraitCreate Cartoon Icons for International Transgender Day of Visibility in Adobe IllustratorMary Winkler
- PortraitCreate a Backlit, Elegant Female Portrait in IllustratorSharon Archer-Thomas
- PortraitHow to Paint a Bold, Glowing, Colorful Portrait in Adobe PhotoshopMelody Nieves
- PortraitHow to Create a Vector Portrait With Curly Hair in Adobe IllustratorSharon Archer-Thomas
- IllustrationHow to Create a Vintage Spring Portrait of a Girl in Adobe IllustratorNataliya Dolotko
- Paint Tool SaiHow to Create a Portrait in Paint Tool SAI With 3 Awesome BrushesCourtney James Howlett
- Pixel ArtHow to Create a Pixel Art Portrait in Adobe PhotoshopRené Alejandro Hernández
- Digital PaintingHow to Create Dramatic Lighting in Your Digital Painting PortraitsMelody Nieves
- Digital PaintingHow to Create a Digital Portrait Using Adobe Fuse and PhotoshopMonika Zagrobelna
- International Women's DayHow to Create Diverse Women Avatars in Adobe IllustratorYulia Sokolova
- Tattoo DesignHow to Draw a Vintage Pin-Up Portrait Tattoo IllustrationLucy Pryor
- International Women's DayHow to Paint a Portrait of Historic Creative Women in Adobe PhotoshopMelody Nieves
- Global InfluencesHow to Create a Vibrant Day of the Dead Portrait in Adobe IllustratorMaria Dimova
- Paint Tool SaiHow to Create a Digital Painting Portrait in Paint Tool SAIAnastasia Purtova
20 Best Tutorials on Photoshop Actions for Portraits
Want to learn how to add interesting effects to your photos? These tutorials on Photoshop actions for portraits will show you how to do it quickly and easily!
- Photoshop ActionsHow to Create a Smoke Effect Photoshop ActionMonika Zagrobelna
- Photoshop ActionsHow to Create an Illustration Photoshop Action (From Photo to Illustration)Marko Kožokar
- Photoshop ActionsHow to Create a Photo to Art Text Effect Photoshop ActionMarko Kožokar
- Photo EffectsHow to Turn a Photo Into Comic Book Art in Adobe PhotoshopJohn Negoita
- Photo EffectsHow to Create a Graffiti Effect in Adobe PhotoshopJohn Negoita
- Adobe PhotoshopHow to Create a Money Engraving Action: Photoshop in 60 SecondsMelody Nieves
- Photoshop ActionsHow to Create a Light Leak Photoshop Color EffectIvan Gromov
- Photoshop ActionsHow to Create a Photo to Pencil Drawing Effect in PhotoshopMarko Kožokar
- Photoshop ActionsHow to Make a Photoshop Vignette Effect ActionDaisy Ein
- Photo EffectsHow to Make a Soft Light Photoshop Action to Create a Backlight EffectMarko Kožokar
- Photoshop ActionsHow to Create a Vintage Photo Filter With Photoshop in 60 SecondsMelody Nieves
- Photoshop ActionsHow to Create a Glitter Effect Photoshop ActionMarko Kožokar
- Photoshop ActionsHow to Make a Frequency Separation Photoshop ActionMonika Zagrobelna
- Photoshop ActionsHow to Make a Matte Photoshop ActionMarko Kožokar
- Photoshop ActionsHow to Add a Glowing Photo Effect to a Portrait in PhotoshopMonika Zagrobelna
- Photoshop ActionsHow to Make a Retro Comic Book Portrait Effect Action in PhotoshopMonika Zagrobelna
- Photoshop ActionsHow to Create a Frozen Winter Adobe Photoshop Effect ActionMarko Kožokar
- Photoshop ActionsHow to Create a Photoshop Batch ActionMonika Zagrobelna
- Photoshop ActionsHow to Create a Funny, Creepy Photo Effect Action in Adobe PhotoshopMarko Kožokar
- Photoshop ActionsHow to Create a Pastel Photo Effect Action in Adobe PhotoshopMarko Kožokar
20 Creative Portrait Photo Manipulation Tutorials
Adobe Photoshop is a great tool for creating fantasy or stylized portraits using photo manipulations. Here are 20 tutorials to boost your creativity! You can also learn a lot by taking our free course on photo manipulation in Photoshop.
- Photo ManipulationHow to Create a Wintry Deer Portrait Photo Manipulation in PhotoshopMelody Nieves
- Photo EffectsHow to Create a Melting Portrait Photo Effect Manipulation in PhotoshopJenny Le
- Photo ManipulationHow to Create a Neon Rainbow Photoshop Portrait EffectAbbey Esparza
- RetouchingHow to Realistically Change Hair and Fur Color in Adobe PhotoshopMonika Zagrobelna
- AbstractHow to Create an Abstract Portrait With Rocks and Lava in Adobe PhotoshopJenny Le
- Adobe PhotoshopHow to Create a Haunted Portrait Effect in PhotoshopAbbey Esparza
- Photo ManipulationHow to Create a Surreal Stitched Portrait in Adobe PhotoshopAbbey Esparza
- Photo ManipulationHow to Create a Galaxy-Inspired Self-Portrait Photo Manipulation in Adobe PhotoshopMelody Nieves
- Photo ManipulationHow to Create a Forest Self-Portrait Photo Manipulation in Adobe PhotoshopMelody Nieves
- Photo ManipulationHow to Create a Floral Portrait Photo Manipulation in Adobe PhotoshopJenny Le
- Photo ManipulationHow to Create a Beautiful Abstract Portrait in PhotoshopWojciech Pijecki
- Photo ManipulationHow to Create a Fantasy, Sci-Fi Portrait Photo Manipulation in Adobe PhotoshopJenny Le
- Photo ManipulationHow to Create a Dark Gothic Portrait Photo Manipulation With Adobe PhotoshopJenny Le
- Photo ManipulationHow to Create a Human Cyborg Photo Manipulation in Adobe PhotoshopMelody Nieves
- Photo ManipulationHow to Create an Abstract Vietnamese Woman Portrait in Adobe PhotoshopJenny Le
- Photo ManipulationHow to Create a Vintage Portrait Photo Manipulation in Adobe PhotoshopMelody Nieves
- Day of the DeadHow to Create a Glamorous Calavera Portrait in Adobe PhotoshopMelody Nieves
- Photo ManipulationHow to Create an Abstract, Psychedelic Portrait Photo Manipulation in PhotoshopErnest Lim
- Photo ManipulationHow to Create a Futuristic Fashion Portrait in Adobe PhotoshopAbbey Esparza
- Photo ManipulationHow to Create a Dramatic Angel Photo Manipulation in PhotoshopAbbey Esparza
10 Best Portrait Drawing Tutorials
Drawing facial features is not an easy task. But our instructors are happy to show you how to do it right. These portrait drawing tutorials contain very detailed descriptions of how to draw traditional, realistic, and stylized cartoon portraits.
- DrawingHow to Draw a NoseMonika Zagrobelna
- Human AnatomyHow to Draw Lips and a MouthMonika Zagrobelna
- DrawingHow to Draw EarsMonika Zagrobelna
- DrawingHow to Draw Disney CharactersMonika Zagrobelna
- DrawingHow to Draw Natural, Textured, Afro Hairstyles (Afros, Locs, Braids, Twists)Daisy Ein
- Fan ArtHow to Draw Disney VillainsMonika Zagrobelna
- CartoonHow to Draw Cartoon EyesDaisy Ein
- Human AnatomyHow to Draw a Realistic EyeMonika Zagrobelna
- CartoonHow to Draw a Cartoon NoseDaisy Ein
- DrawingHow to Draw Anime Heads and FacesMonika Zagrobelna
10 Professional Portrait Photography Tutorials
Portrait photography is one of the most popular genres. Our portrait photography tutorials will tell you how to set up lights, how to get along with your models, and other professional photographers' secrets!
- PortraitHow to Take Photos of People Like a ProfessionalAndrew Gibson
- PortraitQuick Tip: Where to Find a Photography ModelDavid Appleyard
- PortraitQuick Tip: 3 Types of Eye Contact in PhotographyDavid Appleyard
- VideoHow to Set Up Lights in Your DIY Video StudioAdi Purdila
- PhotographyThe Portrait Photographer's Quick-ish Guide to Studio Lighting RatiosRob Taylor
- PhotographyHow to Help Your Photography Clients RelaxJackson Couse
- Retouching3 Techniques for Retouching SkinDawn Oosterhoff
- ShootingQuick Tip: How to Take Great Portrait Photos at NightZach Sutton
- PortraitCreate a Spooky High-Contrast Halloween Portrait Look With Just One LightJose Antunes
- LightingQuick and Easy Three Light Portrait Setup for Photo and VideoBen Lucas
20 Amazing Portrait Video Tutorials
If you're a visual person and prefer to watch tutorials in action, here are some free portrait tutorials from our YouTube channel. Video tutorials are a great way to learn easily and quickly.
In this Photoshop portrait photo manipulation tutorial, you will learn how to turn your regular photo portrait into a punk pop-art one. This attention-grabbing style is perfect for social media posts and avatars!
Shock up your selfies for Halloween with a zombie makeover, using a Photoshop action. These spooky Photoshop actions for portraits will turn your regular selfies into terrifying monster photos!
You’ve probably seen this interesting effect of two or more overlapping photos on the covers of music albums, in modern magazines, and in advertisements. In this video, we’ll create a trendy double exposure effect in Adobe Photoshop, with the help of Blending Modes and Clipping Masks.
This Photoshop effect turns a regular photo into a trendy, stylized portrait illustration.
Learn how to turn your portrait photo into a surreal fantasy composition. In this video tutorial, we'll show you some stunning photo-editing techniques you can use in your own projects.
A key trick of professional photographers is the magic hour. In this particular lesson, you'll learn more about this golden hour. This knowledge definitely will improve your photos!
Learn how to create a trippy diamond lens effect in Adobe Photoshop by combining several lens flare techniques. This technique will add surreal effects to regular photo portraits!
Popular and easy, the bokeh effect adds a soft, natural look to every photo. In this tutorial, you'll learn how to apply it to any photo!
It is impossible to take stunning photo portraits without technical knowledge. Our photography instructor David Bode will introduce some basic information about lenses. Must watch!
This is a very easy but still spectacular photography effect, simulating a real painting. In this very fast video tutorial, you'll learn how to do it in the most effective way.
Another spooky tutorial! Add easy skull makeup to your photo portraits using Adjustment Layers and the Brush Tool in Adobe Photoshop. Definitely, you will improve your use of these instruments after this lesson!
Another way of using your selfies and portraits: create an animated GIF and post it to Instagram! Animated pictures grab much more attention than static ones. This tutorial shows how to do it in just a couple of minutes!
Here's a funny photo manipulation: make your own magazine cover with your portrait! You can use your friends or family portrait to make a nice gift from it.
This is the first free lesson from a course on digital portrait painting in Photoshop. Also, you can watch for free the lesson about the workplace setup. In this course, you will learn how to conquer common struggles by utilizing simple techniques for improving your overall workflow with Adobe Photoshop's versatile tools.
Another easy but still spectacular Photoshop effect is a Lens Flare. We'll create a rainbow lens flare Photoshop overlay for a photo using standard Photoshop brushes and adjustment layers.
Learn how to create a really stunning and impressive effect in just a few minutes! Adding a double exposure to your portrait photos will definitely make them more attention-grabbing and spectacular. Let's learn how!
Here's a fast and easy way to add an Instagram look to your selfie portraits. In this quick tip video, you will learn how popular bloggers add hand-drawing elements to their photos, and you will draw some nice elements on your own photos too!
Turn your portrait into a fashion magazine illustration! This stylized photo portrait illustration will fit perfectly with a stylish Instagram feed.
Galaxy and space are an eternal trend. Learn how to turn your photo portrait into a living galaxy fantasy character in this very detailed video tutorial.
Want to know how to add a dramatic effect to your portrait photos? In this tutorial, you'll learn how to add more texture and character to your portrait photos using Adobe Photoshop. The result is a wonderful high key portrait with loads of charm!
Here's an unusual approach to portraits: a text portrait! In this very quick and easy tutorial, you can learn how to create a text skull portrait in just a minute!
10 Premium Photo Effects for Portraits From Envato Market
With these 100 tutorials, you can greatly improve your portrait photo and portrait drawing skills. But if you want to save your time and still get a perfect portrait, check our stunning Photoshop Actions from Envato Elements. It is a really fast and easy way to convert any photo into a professional-looking one.
Mixed Media Photoshop Action (ABR, ATN, PAT, PSD)
This Photoshop action will turn your photo into a hand-drawn watercolor drawing. Fast and easy, it even has a video tutorial to make the process clearer for you.
Monochromatic Lightroom Presets (LRTEMPLATE)
Lightroom is a perfect tool for professional photographers, helping them to add stunning effects to their photos. With this set of monochromatic presets, you can create awesome and expensive-looking portraits in just a few clicks!
Hologram Photoshop Action(ATN, PAT, PDF)
Another trendy effect is a hologram light effect. Like a cyberpunk futuristic image, photos created with this effect will definitely grab your viewer's attention!
25 duotone effects in one set. Generate it with one click! Portraits with this effect will fit perfectly with trendy social media and magazines.
WapiWapi Lightroom Mobile Preset (LRTEMPLATE)
This rich and moody Lightroom mobile preset adds a beautiful warm tone to your natural light images. It is perfect for family and travel portraits. And it's made especially for the mobile version! Editing photos is really fast and easy with this mobile preset.
Summer Vibes Lightroom Presets (lrtemplate, xmp, dng)
Turn your summer photos into professional ones like in a travel magazine! This preset works with both the mobile and desktop Lightroom versions and makes photo editing as easy as ever!
Sparkle Photoshop Action (ATN)
Add some magic to your portrait in just two clicks! Also, this action contains a video tutorial so you can do it really easily.
Do you miss summer? This Photoshop action set will remind you of golden beaches and warm breezes. The set contains 25 different actions so you can find the perfect one.
Instagram Blogger Lightroom Presets Pack (ATN, LRTEMPLATE)
Wonder how popular bloggers make their stunning photos? This pack will help you to create your own creative profile and add fabulous, professional-looking photos to it! This set contains both mobile and desktop Lightroom presets.
Simulate the look of cinematic effects used in movies and TV series. The set contains simulations of visual effects from films like Alice in Wonderland, Amélie, Life of Pi, and others. Turn your portrait into your favorite movie's frame!
Want to learn more about drawing, photo manipulation, photography, etc.? Check out our other tutorial compilations! I'm absolutely sure that you will find the perfect tutorial for improving your skills.
And for even more design help, enlist the help of the wonderful folks at Envato Studio to fulfill your photo effect needs!
- Photo Manipulation50 Awesome Photo Effect TutorialsGrant Friedman
- Drawing100 Easy Drawing Tutorials for Beginners and Beyond!Monika Zagrobelna
- Adobe Photoshop100 Great Photoshop Tutorials for Clever BeginnersDanny Outlaw
- Adobe Illustrator100 Best Illustrator Text Effect Tutorials (for Beginners & Beyond!)Andrei Marius
- Photo Effects50+ Best Glow and Light Effect Tutorials and Resources!Abbey Esparza
Envato Tuts+ tutorials are translated into other languages by our community members—you can be involved too!Translate this post