In this Coffee Break Course, you'll learn how to draw shapes with loose, natural gestures that transform into perfect geometric shapes by using Adobe Illustrator's Shaper Tool. The Shaper Tool also allows you to combine, delete, fill and transform basic shapes to create complex shapes that stay fully editable. This is a very handy new tool to learn, so let's get started!
Watch the other Coffee Break Courses in the series:
- How to Use the Pen Tool in Adobe Illustrator
- How to Use the Curvature Tool in Adobe Illustrator
- How to Use Live Shapes in Illustrator
- How to Work With Dynamic Symbols in Adobe Illustrator
- How to Organize Artwork With Layers and Artboards in Adobe Illustrator
- How to Use the Touch Type Tool in Adobe Illustrator
1.How to Use the Shaper Tool in Adobe Illustrator3 lessons, 14:12
1. How to Use the Shaper Tool in Adobe Illustrator
[SOUND] Hello everybody. I'm Simona, and welcome to the Coffee Break Course, The Shaper Tool in Adobe Illustrator CC here on Envato Tuts+. The shaper tool is the latest new tool with the latest update to Illustrator CC. And, it's a really fun tool. As you know, shapes are the basic foundation of any design, and with the shaper tool you can create some really fun things. The shaper tool is in the toolbar, and again you can create certain geometric shapes. And it works like as if you were working with a pencil, and you're just drawing on the artboard shapes. Triangles, squares, rectangles, circles, and ellipses. Then you can also have hexagons, and you can also create lines. But now let's go and let's see what we really can do with the shaper tool here in Adobe Illustrator CC.