What Is a Cursive Font?
The cursive style of font resembles the style that some of us learned in school. The purpose of this style is to write quickly and as legibly as possible, without lifting the pen off the paper. Therefore, all the letters are connected. Cursive fonts are simpler than calligraphy since there's no stroke contrast.
What Is a Calligraphy Font?
The calligraphy style of fonts contains characters that use specific strokes. Both of these styles of fonts are usually based on real handwriting, but the pen and the construction of the calligraphic character are different. The purpose of calligraphy is different to the cursive style because in calligraphy, lifting up the pen is not a problem, and many different pens can be used. Fonts can be cursive and calligraphic at the same time, and vice versa.
Saltacrus Calligraphy Script Font
- Saltacrus is a signature style font that's modern, and you can sense the flow of the ink in each character.
- This calligraphy cursive font is great to enhance a photography studio's branding or to use as a signature for a wedding invitation or a logo.
- It's unique and full of energy.
Summit Foxes Handwriting Cursive Font
- This cursive handwriting calligraphy font is energetic but extremely legible.
- While it's expressive, the characters have a high contrast in the strokes, which makes it look more elegant.
- Summit Foxes includes ligatures and alternates to mix up different characters and get different looks.
Pueriel Calligraphy Cursive Font
Pueriel is a vintage cursive calligraphy font with a traditional flair.
If you're looking at vintage-inspired fonts that can help you recreate objects and letters from that era, this is a great choice.
Pueriel comes with over 200 glyphs that can help you create a natural vintage look.
Breaket Calligraphy Script Font
- Another monoline font that comes in a signature style is Breaket.
- This font is wider than it is tall, and the counters inside some of the vowels are non-existent.
- This last feature helps enhance that signature style.
- Breaket is suitable for invitations, brand design, and quote posters.
Marina Bullock Handwritten Calligraphy Font
- If you're looking for a true handwritten cursive font, Marina Bullock is a great option.
- This authentic handwriting font is great for projects that need a human touch and an organic look.
- The pack comes with a variation of glyphs to achieve an even more natural look.
Kiramba Cursive Lettering Calligraphy
- If you're looking for a classic yet high-impact font, Kiramba brings those two attributes to the table.
- The contrast between the strokes is high, and the swashes on the strokes have a tear-shaped end, which adds a contemporary feel.
- The font is suitable for stationery, invitations, and logos.
Donatellia Handwriting Cursive Font
- Donatellia is a font that exudes luxury, perfect for high-end branding projects.
- The font features beautiful lines that make it look like a true handwritten font.
- The tear shape at the end of the strokes resembles pooling ink, enhancing the handwritten effect even more.
Kaytha Cursive Lettering Calligraphy
- Kaytha is a romantic monoline font with simple strokes.
- This cursive calligraphy style font features swirls at the end of each character, which makes it look modern and stylish.
- The pack comes with many stylistic sets, swashes, and ligatures to customize the characters as much as you would like.
Azkia Cursive Lettering Calligraphy
- Brush pen calligraphy has been around for a while, but never in the high quality in which Azkia is presented.
- This script font was based on real analog sketches and later redrawn on a computer.
- The pack contains 1,200 glyphs, more than enough to bring variation and uniqueness to your design projects.
Playlist Cursive Calligraphy Font
- Playlist is an energetic, dramatic, and stylish font.
- Made with modern calligraphy in mind, this handwritten style font features characters that look true to real handwriting.
- Playlist is suitable for any music-related projects, band logos, merchandising, and poster design.
Bellanaisa Cursive Calligraphy Fonts
- Bellanaisa is a modern calligraphic font featuring a high contrast in the strokes.
- Dramatic, classic, and fresh, this font is great for book cover designs, wedding invitations, and letterpress style posters.
- The pack contains multiple language support and many stylistic alternates.
Choose Your Favorite Cursive Calligraphy Fonts
Now you know just where to find the best cursive calligraphy fonts when you need them, head to Envato Elements and download your favorites today.
Here are more top resources and tutorials to try from Envato Tuts+: