In this tutorial, you will learn how to erase in a straight line in Photoshop. I will show you a quick and easy shortcut to help you erase a straight line in Photoshop using the Eraser Tool.
What You'll Learn in This Photoshop Tutorial
- How to select the Eraser Tool in Photoshop
- How to erase a straight line in Photoshop using a shortcut
How to Erase a Straight Line in Photoshop
Photoshop has many tools you can use as an erase function, and the most common is the Eraser Tool (E). The tool is basically a brush that erases pixels as you drag across an image. It either changes the pixels to the background color or makes them transparent.
To access the Eraser Tool, either press the E key or select the tool from the toolbar. I selected the basic Eraser Tool.
Then, head to the tool options bar to customize the Eraser brush tool settings, like the size and hardness. For this quick tutorial, we will select a Hard Round brush, setting the brush Size to 35 px and brush Hardness to 100%, so we can have a straight, clean finish.
Now let's erase a straight line using the Eraser Tool (E) in Photoshop. So place your brush over one end of the image, click and hold down the Shift key, and then drag the cursor to the end, and release!
You Did It!
Congratulations, you erased in a straight line! And the cool trick is that you can adopt the same tip of holding down the Shift key and dragging to move in straight lines with most of the brush tools in Photoshop!
Now, you have learned how to erase in a straight line in Photoshop! Check out the final result.
Did you enjoy this quick tutorial on how to erase in a straight line in Photoshop? Then you may also like:
- How to Deselect in PhotoshopMarko Kožokar06 Sep 2021
- How to Rotate Text in PhotoshopZap Layden19 Jan 2021
- How to Rotate a Brush in PhotoshopMissChatz03 Oct 2022
- How to Outline Text in PhotoshopMonika Zagrobelna22 Jul 2022
- How to Rename Layers in PhotoshopMonika Zagrobelna15 Oct 2022
- How to Cut Out an Image in PhotoshopIvan Gromov18 Apr 2021