Quick, name a character! Memorable characters are part of our culture–from the Simpsons to Mickey Mouse, creating a unique and likeable personality is a powerful way to make your work memorable. But creating good characters isn’t easy! In this information-packed 13 lesson course, Ian Yates walks you through the basics of designing a memorable character illustration and the important steps of a character project. Including:
- Purpose for characters and brainstorming concepts
- Sketching and getting started
- Considering props and other features
- Avoiding easy pitfalls and problems in character design
- Translating your character to digital artwork in Illustrator
- Polishing and bringing your character to life
- And more!