- S in Different Styles, Retro/Vintage
- S in Different Styles, Papercut
- S in Different Styles, Old Movie Title
- S in Different Styles, VHS Distortion Text Effect
- S in Different Styles, Women in Pink Effect
- S in Different Styles, Papercut Text Effect
- S in Different Styles, Toast 3D Effect
- S in Different Styles, Vintage Text Destroyer
- S in Different Styles, Letterpress Print
- S in Different Styles, Soap Bubbles
- S in Different Styles, Paper Effect
- S in Different Styles, Glitch Effect
- S in Different Styles, Comic Text Effect
- S in Different Styles, Neon Effect
- S in Different Styles, Foil Balloon
- S in Different Styles, Photocopier Glitch
- Which Is Your Favorite S Style?
In this article, I'll show you the letter S in different fonts and effects. This is a great way to explore new creative assets! In this article, I'll show you the letter S in various fonts and styles so you can get inspired.
- C in Different Fonts, Styles, and Text EffectsLaura Keung14 Nov 2021
- J in Different Fonts, Styles, and Text EffectsLaura Keung24 Oct 2021
1. S in Different Styles, Retro/Vintage
This Retro Vintage text effect is applied to the font Rockinsoda. This letter S font style is different from your typical clean-cut S. The unevenness on the lower part of the S makes it look more relaxed. The old-style signage effect is whimsical and gives the S letter a stylish font display.
2. S in Different Styles, Papercut
Papercut text effects give an awesome illusion of depth. If you're using a visually busy effect, go for a simple and versatile font like Origin. The textures on the different levels of cut paper are super realistic. You can try this effect with different S letter style fonts.
3. S in Different Styles, Old Movie Title
Condensed letter S font styles are tricky to design because of the proportion. Billrocks is a sans serif display font that's so representative of old movie font designs. It's one of the most original fonts for S. The text effect applied to it is inspired by retro drama genre movies. This black and white Old Movie title effect gives the letter s font style a big oomph and transports us to another time.
4. S in Different Styles, VHS Distortion Text Effect
Glitching effects are notorious for looking a little fake. Glitching is almost synonymous with random. This glitch text effect is applied to an S letter in a stylish font to achieve the broken pixels VHS distortion. The letter S font used here is Noir Pro, which has contemporary lines and is inspired by early 20th century typefaces.
5. S in Different Styles, Women in Pink Effect
This Women Pink text style comes in a lovely bubble-gum pink. It's paired with Lemonade, a handwritten font to add a relaxed feeling to the character. It's one of the most original fonts for S. You could pair the text effect with the S letter in different fonts from Envato Elements.
6. S in Different Styles, Papercut Text Effect
Scissor cutouts aren't always precise. This Papercut text effect mimics the way paper lifts up at the edges very realistically. The effect is paired with the font Hitchcut, inspired by Hitchcock and the movie Vertigo. This type of S font style has very straight lines, perfect for scissors! It's also playful and childlike, so it complements the text effect perfectly.
7. S in Different Styles, Toast 3D Effect
Cool and cartoon-like text effects are hard to find. This Toast 3D text effect imitates the puffiness of bread so well. The S letter is in stylish font BoldenVan, and it has a rounded and bold look. This pairing could be used as a cartoon intro or in a children's book.
8. S in Different Styles, Vintage Text Destroyer
Disintegrating and scattered text effects are tricky to create because they need to look random. This Vintage Text Destroyer effect creates pulverised and dusty edges that give the S font style an added cool effect. The S font style is Calasans, a layered font that can give you multiple awesome looks. It's one of the coolest S letter styles you'll find online.
- 15 Fonts Similar to Didot and Best Didot Font PairingsDaisy Ein10 Apr 2021
- 42 Cool Winter Fonts (Icicles, Snow, Frost, Ice Fonts to Download)Daisy Ein24 Aug 2021
- 44 Best Bold Fonts (Download Condensed, Serif, Sans Serif, & Big Bold Fonts Now)Daisy Ein25 Jun 2021
- 40+ Best Condensed Fonts (Narrow, Beautiful, Elegant, and Bold!)Daisy Ein31 Aug 2021
9. S in Different Styles, Letterpress Print
Text effects that try to replicate the handmade look are not always successful. Letterpress printing is especially hard because texture and ink consistency are key to creating a unique look. This super-realistic Letterpress Print Kit even includes the overlay effect the same way it would happen on a real machine.
Since letterpress has been around for over a hundred years, we paired it with an S font style inspired by posters of the early 20th century. Fonseca is geometric and modern, with a retro look. This pairing is great for editorial and packaging projects.
10. S in Different Styles, Soap Bubbles
If you're looking for an S letter in a stylish font, Chelsy is a great handwritten sans serif that's highly legible. This S font style is relaxed and informal. Start exploring different S fonts like this one. Here it is paired with a Soap Bubbles text effect that transforms any font into having rounder edges and enhancing the bubble look even more.
11. S in Different Styles, Paper Effect
This unique and realistic Paper cardboard cutout text effect is great. This look has realistic lighting, shadow, and texture. The cardboard looks as if it was cut with a box knife and pushed out. The S letter style font is Headline, which is sharp and bold to emphasise the clean cuts of the text effect.
12. S in Different Styles, Glitch Effect
Broken pixels and corrupted colours from text effects can create a careful and controlled distortion. This awesome Glitch text effect mixed with S in different font styles can give you a futuristic look. The font used here is a modern sci-fi font called Great. The mix of the glitch and the s letter style font is clean but also edgy.
13. S in Different Styles, Comic Text Effect
Comic book fonts can give an S font style that's fun and add emphasis to a project. This Boom Comic font is bold and fun. It's paired with a Comic book text effect that's inspired by 80s mockups. Just find the S in fonts like this one and start exploring. The result is an S letter in a stylish font that's fun and unique.
14. S in Different Styles, Neon Effect
The 80s are famous for vibrant, neon lights from discos and sci-fi movies. This Neon layer style is bright and fun. Try this text effect with the letter S in various fonts like script or sans serif for a different feeling. The font used here is Outrunner 80s Retro Script, and it's best suited for classic designs like invitations and logos. It's a good way of exploring different S fonts.
15. S in Different Styles, Foil Balloon
Playful and stylish balloon fonts can look underdesigned. A properly designed font will have consistent curves that help with legibility while maintaining a fun atmosphere, like Bomber Balloon. Here it's paired with a Foil Balloon text effect to make shiny, colourful balloons. This pair is best suited for birthday cards and graphics for Valentine's Day or New Year.
Learn how to create this text effect with our Inflatable 3D Frilly Text Effect in Photoshop tutorial.
16. S in Different Styles, Photocopier Glitch
Grunge effects from the 90s can make text look super distorted and cool by using displacement maps. Depending on the colour, you can also create a futuristic look with the help of this Photocopier Glitch text effect. The S letter style font here is Nickels, a fun and bold font that is great for headlines and social media if you want to create an impact. Just find the S in fonts like this one and start exploring.
We've covered a range of different styles of S, so now it's time to put this inspiration into practice.
Looking to learn more about how to create text and photo glitches in Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator? Check out the following tutorials:
- How to Create an Easy Digital Glitch Text Effect in Adobe PhotoshopRose20 Jan 2021
- How to Create Vector Glitches Using Adobe IllustratorLaura Keung19 Mar 2021
- How to Create a Glitch Effect Poster in Adobe Illustrator and PhotoshopLaura Keung25 May 2018
- How to Make an Aesthetic Edit in Photoshop (Glitch Effect)Abbey Esparza29 Jul 2020
- How to Create a Cool Glitch Photo Effect in Adobe PhotoshopMelody Nieves29 Jun 2022
Which Is Your Favorite S Style?
In this article, I showed you the letter S in different font styles. Part of creativity is exploring different styles of S and finding the combination that best works for you. Try using pairings of fonts and text styles to create new visual experiments.
- 100+ Best Photoshop Text Effect TutorialsMelody Nieves07 Aug 2022
- 40 Creative Photoshop Text Effects—With Vibrant StylesSean Hodge15 Oct 2022
- How to Make a 3D Hologram Text Effect Photoshop ActionAnderson Luiz14 May 2021
- How to Create a Cartoon Text Effect in Adobe PhotoshopJan Stverak19 Apr 2021
- 30+ Cool Photoshop Text Effects, Actions & Styles for 2023Melody Nieves27 Dec 2022
- 43 Best Flower Fonts (Must-Have Floral Fonts for Spring)Daisy Ein02 Sep 2021
- 45 Best Thin Serif Fonts (Narrow and Skinny Fonts to Download)Daisy Ein14 Sep 2021
- 21 Best Wavy Fonts (Serif, Retro, and Calligraphy)Nona Blackman13 Sep 2022
- 25 Best Pop Art Fonts (Comic Book Action Text Fonts)Nona Blackman26 Jun 2022
- 43 Best Game & Arcade Fonts (Retro, Pixel, Video Game Styles!)Nona Blackman12 Nov 2022