We're looking to pay writers to create written and/or video content in a variety of content spaces, including gaming design, print design, typography, and digital art.
We Want Writers!
We're looking for skilled designers to write amazing educational content in the following areas:
- Gamers Who Are Designers: The casual gamer who is a designer can get paid for their knowledge at Envato Tuts+. We're looking for designers who love to game for our expanding content in this space. Your faction does not matter—we welcome all at our inn.
- Print Design Pros: Can you create awesome flyers and brochures? We need you on the team! We're especially interested in InDesign, Photoshop, and Affinity Publisher designers to join our team.
- Typography & Font Gurus: From the basics to amazing designs, we're looking for people to create regular typography and font content.
- Digital Art Fans Who Use Photoshop & Procreate: We're looking for those who love to paint small and complex illustrations. Major benefit if you love to use Photoshop in creative ways.
We want people who are passionate about writing educational content and can use their software in a creative way.
What Skills Do You Need to Be a Writer?
We welcome beginners and pros to our team, as we provide some training/guides as you continue to write for us. There are, however, some skills which are essential or desirable:
- You must be comfortable with the English language. We can proof your content, but we can't rewrite everything for you.
- It's best if you've previously written tutorial or article content. If you're new to writing articles and tutorials, this is fine. We'd always recommend you try publishing something on free platforms (blogs, social media) to show us your style of writing.
- As we publish on a daily basis, we need to rely on our instructors to hit deadlines which are self-set.
- We're eager to get more video creators on our team. As we expand and create more content, we want to add more video content to our Envato Tuts+ YouTube channel (currently over 250k subscribers!).
- SEO knowledge! We do offer some basic training, but it's a bonus if you're already comfortable with SEO.
- We'd love you to get in touch if you're fluent in German, Spanish, French, Russian, or Portuguese. Knowing more than one language is not essential, but it would be of interest. We're especially interested in German video creators!
If you want to know more, please check out this insightful comment on our previous call for new instructors.
Think these are what you're able to do? Check out our Teach for Us page and find out how to apply.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to becoming an Envato Tuts+ instructor:
- Getting paid for a subject you're passionate about is always rewarding. Depending on the content type and subject, you could be billing thousands per month! We pay $300 USD for a standard length tutorial (around 25-30 steps/images). This is paid via PayPal or Payoneer on a monthly basis.
- We have in-depth guides to help you put together your posts, from formatting to tone to screenshot presentation. So if you're new to tutorial writing, this is a great place to start!
- Several of our instructors have written for us for years and contribute on a monthly basis.
- We have strong domain authority, making us a valuable source for linking to your portfolio and more.
- We are passionate about equality and representation in our content, and this is reflected in our instructor team. We actively challenge stereotypes in design and seek to keep on pushing boundaries in our community.
- If you create assets for Envato Market or Envato Elements, then use this opportunity to help promote your items!
Pitch a Tutorial!
While I can tell you which areas we're specifically looking into, it all comes down to which areas are your strongest and what you feel most confident in teaching. If you are interested in becoming an Envato Tuts+ instructor, why don't you pitch us an idea? We're looking forward to hearing from you.
This post was last updated on 7th August 2020 with our current call for writers in specific areas of interest.
Envato Tuts+ tutorials are translated into other languages by our community members—you can be involved too!Translate this post