In the following tutorial, you will learn how to group objects in Illustrator, and then how to ungroup in Illustrator.
Once you've learned how to group and ungroup in Illustrator, you can head over to Envato Elements where you can get unlimited downloads of stock videos, music, graphics, photos, fonts, and much more.
What You'll Learn in This Tutorial
- How to group objects in Illustrator
- How to ungroup paths in Illustrator
How to Group in Illustrator
Select the objects that you wish to group, right-click to open the menu, and go to Group.
Alternatively, you can go to Object > Group or you can use the Control-G keyboard shortcut.
Keep in mind that Illustrator groups can also be stacked within other groups.
How to Ungroup in Illustrator
Select the group that you wish to ungroup, right-click, and go to Ungroup.
Alternatively, you can go to Object > Ungroup or you can use the Shift-Control-G keyboard shortcut.
Congratulations! You're Done!
Now that you've learned to make Illustrator groups and how to ungroup in Illustrator, feel free to use these techniques in your future projects.
You can find some great sources of inspiration at Envato Elements, with interesting solutions to improve your design portfolio.
Want to Learn More?
We have loads of tutorials on Envato Tuts+, from beginner to intermediate level. Take a look!
- How to Create a Dog Logo Design in IllustratorAndrei Marius17 Mar 2022
- How to Create a Cat Logo Design in IllustratorAndrei Marius16 Dec 2021
- How to Draw a Line in IllustratorAndrei Marius29 Jan 2022
- How to Make a Semicircle in IllustratorAndrei Marius01 May 2022
- How to Make a Grid in IllustratorAndrei Marius15 Jan 2022
- How to Make a Heart in IllustratorAndrei Marius15 Sep 2021