In the following tutorial, you will learn how to adjust the font size in Illustrator.
You can adjust the color or increase the text size in Illustrator to make your design stand out, but in some cases the best solution is a nicer font. At Envato Elements, you will find a massive collection of fonts to choose from.
If you're interested in learning more about working with fonts in Illustrator, check out these resources as well:
- How to Change the Baseline Shift in IllustratorAndrei Marius31 Jul 2022
- How to Adjust Leading in IllustratorAndrei Marius04 Jul 2022
- How to Do Subscript in IllustratorAndrei Marius12 Jul 2022
- A Beginner's Guide to the Character Panel in IllustratorAndrei Marius14 Jul 2022
What You'll Learn in This Illustrator Tutorial
- How to change the font size in Illustrator
- How to make text bigger in Illustrator
How to Adjust the Font Size in Illustrator Using the Control Panel
Make sure that your text is selected, and let's see the easiest method that you can use to change the font size in Illustrator.
Focus on the control panel and go to the Font Size input box, select the existing value, and simply type in the desired value.
Click the dropdown arrow on the Font Size input box whenever you wish to select one of the preset size values.
Click the small arrow buttons from the Font Size input box whenever you wish to decrease or increase the text size in Illustrator.
Click once to increase/decrease the size value by 1 px or click and hold to gradually decrease/increase the text size in Illustrator.
Hold down the Shift key as you click those tiny arrow buttons and the size value will increase/decrease by 10 px with every click.
How to Change the Font Size in Illustrator Using the Character Panel
You can also use the Character panel to change the font size in Illustrator. Go to Window > Type > Character to open the panel, and you will find the Font Size settings in the control panel.
How to Change the Font Size in Illustrator Using the Selection Tool
Finally, you can use the Selection Tool (V) to manually decrease or increase the text size in Illustrator.
Make sure that your text is selected and the Selection Tool (V) is active, hover your cursor over a corner of that bounding box until it turns into a double-sided arrow, and then click and drag to adjust the size. Hold down the Shift key as you click and drag to constrain the proportions.
Congratulations! You're Done!
Now that you know how to make text bigger in Illustrator, feel free to use the technique in your future projects.
You can find some great sources of inspiration at Envato Elements, with interesting solutions to improve your design portfolio.
Want to Learn More?
We have loads of tutorials on Envato Tuts+, from beginner to intermediate level. Take a look!
- How to Create an Art Nouveau Text Effect in IllustratorAndrei Marius02 Sep 2020
- How to Create a 3D Text Art Effect in Adobe IllustratorAndrei Marius23 Jul 2021
- How to Create an Isometric Text Effect in Adobe IllustratorAndrei Marius16 Jul 2021
- How to Create a Retro Long Shadow Text Effect in Adobe IllustratorAndrei Marius09 Jul 2021
- How to Create a Christmas, Knitted Text Effect in Adobe IllustratorAndrei Marius16 Apr 2021
- How to Create a Graffiti Text Effect in IllustratorAndrei Marius28 Jul 2020
- How to Use the Blend Tool for Lettering in Adobe IllustratorLaura Keung03 Jan 2022
- How to Use Font Ligatures in InDesign, Photoshop & IllustratorLaura Keung04 Sep 2020