Welcome to our Photoshop in 60 Seconds series, in which you can learn a Photoshop skill, feature, or technique in just a minute!
Watch A Flower Brush in Action!
Creating custom brushes in Adobe Photoshop is as simple as finding the right stock. And with thousands of floral stock images available through our Envato Elements photo library, you can create your own garden of floral brushes in a matter of a few short steps.
In this quick video, learn how to make a flower brush in Photoshop, as well as how to customize the brush settings in Adobe Photoshop.
If you enjoyed this video, remember to check our Envato Tuts+ YouTube channel where you'll find even more awesome video tutorials about Photoshop, and much more.
And if you want to save time and have a variety of professional flower brushes ready to use, scroll down after this tutorial to check five awesome flower brushes for Photoshop from Envato Elements, all included with your subscription.
What You Will Learn In This Adobe Photoshop Brush Tutorial:
- How to make a flower brush in Photoshop from scratch
- How to turn an image into a brush
- How to modify a flower brush in Photoshop
To complete the tutorial, you will need the following assets:
- A stock flower photo, like this one from Envato Elements
How to Make a Flower Brush in Photoshop
One of the best ways to create Photoshop brushes is to create one from a photo.
Once you've chosen your image, open it in Photoshop and go to Image > Adjustment > Hue and Saturation. Decrease the Saturation to -100 to turn the flower black and white.
To make sure your flower brush has plenty of detail, go to Image > Adjustments > Curves, bringing down the curve of the RGB channel to help define the petals and flower details.
Use the Rectangular Marquee Tool to select the flower, and then go to Edit > Define Brush Preset and name your new brush.
Test out your floral brush on a new document. For an even better brush, hit F5 on your keyboard to bring up the Brush panel. Select Brush Tip Shape and change the Spacing to 150%. Then select Shape Dynamics and increase the Size Jitter to 100%.
5 Top Photoshop Flower Brushes From Envato Elements
You've learned how to make a flower brush in Photoshop from scratch. And even though it's really easy to do a flower petal brush in Photoshop, there are times when you just need to have a flower brush Photoshop pack ready to use. That's when Envato Elements comes in handy.
Check our selection of the best and most beautiful flower brushes below:
1. Elegant Flower Brushes for Photoshop (ABR)
This flower petal brush Photoshop pack contains 15 brushes for your creative projects. Play with the transparency and layers and combine them for a unique creation! If you're looking for a lotus flower Photoshop brush, or a rose brush, these will make you really happy.
Looking for watercolor flower brushes for Photoshop? Here you've got a pack of 75 high resolution brushes. Use them for stationary, invitations or any other idea! In this flower brush Photoshop pack you'll get:
- 60 floral elements brushes
- 5 fauna brushes
- 4 garlands brushes
- 6 wreaths brushes
3. Floral Watercolor PS Stamp Brushes (ABR)
Watercolor brushes give designs such a beautiful touch. You'll love this complete watercolor flower brushes Photoshop collection.
The set includes leaves, branches, grass, flowers, ribbons, banners, watercolor textures, different objects, swirls and splatters. All brushes are hand painted with watercolors.
4. Elegant Floral Brushes for Photoshop (ABR)
This elegant flower brush Photoshop pack will give your creations a realistic and distinctive look. There are 15 high resolution flower brushes in this collection. You can mix and match them to create an even more unique composition!
5. Cloudy Watercolor Decorations Set (ABR, EPS, AI, PNG)
We close the selection with these watercolor flower brushes for Photoshop. The author got inspiration from ancient botanic albums and sketched flowers to create this beautiful set of flower brushes.
You'll get 40 airy Photoshop brushes and 9 blossom vector illustrations (AI, EPS, PNG).
Explore More Awesome Photoshop Tutorials And Brushes
Learn more about Adobe Photoshop on Envato Tuts+:
- Adobe PhotoshopNew Coffee Break Course: How to Use the Brush Tool in Adobe PhotoshopAndrew Blackman
- BrushesHow to Create Custom Scratched Metal Brushes in Adobe PhotoshopKirk Nelson
- BrushesHow to Create Custom Dirt and Decay Brushes in Adobe PhotoshopKirk Nelson
- BrushesHow to Create Custom Hand and Foot Print Brushes in Adobe PhotoshopKirk Nelson
- BrushesPhotoshop in 60 Seconds: How to Create Custom Brush SetsMelody Nieves
- HalloweenCreate Your Own Blood Spatter Adobe Photoshop BrushMohammad Jeprie
- BrushesHow to Create a Sakura Petals Brush in PhotoshopAbbey Esparza
- Photo Effects100+ Best Smoke Effect Resources for Photoshop (Smoke Brush, Smoke Overlay)Andrei Marius
- BrushesHow to Create Photoshop Brushes From an Old NewspaperIvan Gromov
- BrushesHow to Create a Leaf Brush in PhotoshopAbbey Esparza
- BrushesHow to Create a Snowflake Brush in PhotoshopIvan Gromov
- Adobe Photoshop50+ Free Photoshop Brushes to Download Now!Melody Nieves
This is part of a series of quick video tutorials on Envato Tuts+ in which we introduce a range of subjects, all in 60 seconds—just enough to whet your appetite. Let us know in the comments what you thought of this video and what else you'd like to see explained in 60 seconds!