Are you short on time and need to learn how to remove a background without Photoshop? You'll love the new image background remover tool by Placeit. There's no need to install any software—just log in to Placeit and remove the background from your images in a couple of clicks.
This new tool is powered by artificial intelligence, which eliminates all the additional technical steps to follow when you want to learn how to make a transparent background. In this quick tip tutorial, I'll show you how it works.
How to Remove a Background From a Picture Using Your Browser
1. Go to the Image Background Remover Online Tool
Once you're logged in and you have your image ready, click on the Upload your image button. It'll take you to a window where you can select the file from your computer.
2. Upload Your Image and Wait
You won't need to do any further action like selecting your subject—the AI tool will do it for you and instantly remove the background.
3. Choose How to Download Your Image
After a couple of seconds, you'll have an image without a background and two download options:
- The Low Resolution option will give you a PNG file with a transparent background that you can use for any purpose you wish.
- The High Resolution option will open a new editor within Placeit where you can modify your new image.
This is a comparison of the original image I used and the image without a background, downloaded in low resolution.
4. Customize Your New Image Without a Background
If you choose the High Resolution route, you can continue editing your image within your browser. You can easily change the background color, and if you click the + Add button, you can also add text, more graphics, and even a new background image.
This is an easy tool if you need a new profile picture, a flyer for your products, an invitation, and more. Once you're happy with your finished product, just click on Download in the top-right corner.
5. Try as Many Images as You Need
Wondering if this free background remover tool works with other types of subjects as well? It does! Try it with your pets for a fun result, or with objects if you need to create marketing material for instance. Here are a couple of examples:
You Know How to Make a Transparent Background in Seconds!
And just like that, now you can remove a background without Photoshop in a few clicks. Using this free background remover tool is super quick and easy, and you'll have a transparent image you can further edit or use for any project.
Additionally, if you want to learn more photo editing skills, we've got more tutorials on how to remove a background from a picture using other software:
- How to Make the Background Transparent in PhotoshopAbbey Esparza14 Jun 2023
- How to Use Generative Fill in PhotoshopAbbey Esparza30 Jul 2023
- How to Cut Out an Image in PhotoshopIvan Gromov22 Sep 2023
- How to Remove a Background in IllustratorAndrei Marius15 Sep 2023
- How to Remove a Background in Affinity DesignerDiana Toma28 May 2023
- How to Remove Backgrounds in CanvaNona Blackman22 Aug 2022