Wondering how to center something in Photoshop? Today, I'm going to show you how to center in Photoshop—anything from images to text—in a few simple ways.
What You'll Learn in This Tutorial on How to Center in Photoshop
- How to center an image in Photoshop
- How to center text in Photoshop
- How to center an object in Photoshop
- How to center a layer in Photoshop (one more method)
1. How to Center an Image in Photoshop
I have this amazing photo of Summer in the Dolomites and a background layer in the document. You need to select both the layer with your image and the background layer while holding Shift.
After that, just hit the two Photoshop Align Center icons in the top panel.
2. How to Center Text in Photoshop
The Photoshop center text function works the same way as with images, but this time we don't need to select the background layer. Here we have a picture with text created with the Traveller Font. What we are going to do is select the text layer in the Layers panel, and then press Control-A to select the whole document and make the Align icons active.
And now, to activate the Photoshop center text function, just press the two Photoshop Align Center icons.
3. How to Center an Object in Photoshop
You can center an object in Photoshop using the previous method, but let's try another Photoshop center layer option which you can use! I have this 3D Plexus PNG Object in my Photoshop document, so let's select it and then press Control-T to activate the Transform Tool.
Now, let's manually enter the Coordinates. As the size of our document is 2000 x 2000 px, we need to set both X and Y to 1000. This will center the object in Photoshop with mathematical precision!
4. How to Center Something in Photoshop (One More Method)
Another simple Photoshop center layer method is to activate the Transform Tool (Control-T) and move your layer until you see the intersecting Guide Lines.
That's It! You Know How to Center in Photoshop
Today we've learned how to center a layer in Photoshop using a few simple and handy ways. Photoshop centering options are easy to use, and you can choose the one you like or use different techniques to achieve the result you need for your project.
Now you know how to center a layer in Photoshop, but if you want to learn other basic Photoshop functions, check out these Photoshop tutorials from Envato Tuts+:
- How to Deselect in PhotoshopMarko Kožokar06 Sep 2021
- How to Remove a Background in PhotoshopMonika Zagrobelna15 May 2020
- How to Make Your Photoshop File Size Smaller (Best Tips and Tricks!)Ivan Gromov21 Apr 2020
- Free Video Course: Essential Tips to Master Photoshop BrushesMelody Nieves09 Oct 2018
- How to Extend a Background in PhotoshopIvan Gromov23 Aug 2021
- What Is Photoshop?Nona Blackman20 Sep 2021
- How to Make a Triangle in PhotoshopMarko Kožokar20 Sep 2021
- How to Make a Watermark in PhotoshopMonika Zagrobelna26 Jul 2021