Read Time: 1 min
In this tutorial we are going to learn how to design a book in Adobe InDesign. We will start with the copy created in Microsoft Word and we will use the following steps for a fully automated workflow:
- Formatting Word documents for InDesign
- Creating an InDesign template for chapters
- Setting up Parent pages (page numbering, header text)
- Importing text from Word to InDesign
- Explaining and using Smart Text reflow
- Creating a Book file and importing chapters
- Adding front of book part with special page numbering
- GREP for special line breaks with sentences starting with 'I'
- Creating Table of Contents
Let's get started!
Want a weekly email summary?
Subscribe below and we’ll send you a weekly email summary of all new Design & Illustration tutorials. Never miss out on learning about the next big thing.Sign up
Martin is a Hungarian graphic designer, digital artist and an Adobe Certified Expert and Instructor (Design Master). He is currently teaching and working in London but usually travels around the UK and shares his love for Adobe products and graphic design.
One subscription. Unlimited Downloads.
Get unlimited downloads