In this tutorial we are going to learn how to design a book in Adobe InDesign. We will start with the copy created in Microsoft Word and we will use the following steps for a fully automated workflow:
- Formatting Word documents for InDesign
- Creating an InDesign template for chapters
- Setting up Master pages (page numbering, header text)
- Importing text from Word to InDesign
- Explaining and using Smart Text reflow
- Creating a Book file and importing chapters
- Adding front of book part with special page numbering
- GREP for special line breaks with sentences starting with 'I'
- Creating Table of Contents
Let's get started!
Subscribe below and we’ll send you a weekly email summary of all new Design & Illustration tutorials. Never miss out on learning about the next big thing.Update me weekly
Envato Tuts+ tutorials are translated into other languages by our community members—you can be involved too!Translate this post