Vectortuts+ loves Illustration and discovering new talent, so today we are proud to be launching a new community project that combines both, the Vectortuts+ Cassette Design Challenge. The best thing is, you can be a part of it! It's great for beginners and advanced users a like. Find out how to get involved, at the jump.
Vectortuts+ Cassette Design Challenge
We've had many challenges here on Vectortuts+ and we've seen some amazing submissions. Our new challenge invites you to use your taste in music and skills in design and color to create a Cassette Design. The best thing about this challenge is that even if you've only recently gotten into vector, it's easy to take part!
All you need to do for this project is download the design template and customize the Vectortuts+ Cassette. Add your work to the Vectortuts+ Facebook Group and show us how you'd represent your favourite song or band on a Cassette. We will showcase a selection of the entries on our blog.
We can't wait to see what you come up with!
Below is my design. I've been influenced by the music video for David Guetta's "Turn me on" featuring Nicki Minaj. The music video is pretty dark and gothic, so I've used greys and the pinks on the label represent Nicki Minaj's pink hair. I've used jagged lines because it's dance music and I think this style of line represents dance music pretty well. Can you see the similarities?
Perhaps you want to be inspired by a relaxing song, would that be represented with smooth curved lines? Is your favourite song maybe by a heavy metal band? If so would you use more condensed jagged lines and shapes? You don't have to gain inspiration from music videos, it could simply be a basic color scheme associated with a band. For example the White Stripes liked to only wear white, black and red! You can take this challenge in any direction you wish, you're only limited by your own creativity.
How to Get Involved!
How to Make a Vectortuts+ Cassette Design:
- Download the Design Template
- Draw your image onto the template, you can be as creative as you like, feel free to alter any or all of the illustration. We want to see creative and fun projects so go crazy!
- Upload your design to the Vectortuts+ Facebook Group with a short description of the design and what music inspired it!
- Artwork can be any style or theme as long as it's vector and 100% your own work.
- You don't have to spend hours and hours on your piece, the project's aim is to be fun, fast and individual. My design only took 15 mins to put together!
- You may submit more than one design
- When you publish your work on Facebook, please include one or two paragraphs about yourself and/or your work and a link to your website / online portfolio.
- Have Fun!
Envato Tuts+ tutorials are translated into other languages by our community members—you can be involved too!Translate this post