At Envato, we love WordPress. In fact, we love it so much that the entire Tuts+ network and the majority of our blogs run on heavily customized WordPress installations. We want to share that love with the wider WordPress community by creating a gallery site full of beautiful and free wallpapers around the central theme of WordPress. That's where you come in!
We've launched http://wp-wallpapers.com with 22 awesome WordPress wallpapers designed by our team in house. But we need more! If you're passionate about WordPress or design, we would love for you to get involved with a wallpaper contribution of your very own!
How Does it Work?
If you're interested in being a part of this community initiative, all you need to do is the following:
1) Design your wallpaper based on the theme of WordPress! For examples of what we mean, check out the existing wallpapers we've designed at http://wp-wallpapers.com. You may include your own personal branding on the wallpaper. You should not include any Envato/Tuts+ or Marketplace branding on the wallpaper.
2) You will need to save your wallpaper in three sizes and compress them as a zipped archive (any popular format accepted):
- Desktop 2560x1600 px
- iPad 1024x1024 px
- iPhone 640x960 px
3) Visit this form and submit your entry:
4) We will contact you should your entry be accepted to the gallery.
What's in it For Me?
- Being featured in the gallery will result in promotion for your own personal brand. We will promote the gallery heavily.
- All authors of entries accepted to the gallery will receive a $15 Envato Marketplace credit (we will cap the initial amount of entries accepted at 50 - we will close the form and update this post if and when we reach this amount).
- We will give $150 'cash' (paid via PayPal or MoneyBookers) to three separate designers who have created a beautiful wallpaper (as judged by our in-house design team) which was accepted to the gallery.
- We will also give away 3x 12 month Tuts+ Premium subscriptions to three random designers with wallpapers accepted to the gallery.
This contest will remain open until we reach the predetermined amount of submissions to the gallery (50) or until 1st of June 2012, whichever comes first. Happy designing!
Update: We have received many fantastic submissions and will begin uploading to the gallery this week (starting 16 April), and begin to contact those designers who have been accepted to the gallery!
We love WordPress and we love wallpapers and we hope you get involved!