In the Design & Illustration section, we have a large community of readers and instructors... otherwise known as Team Awesome. We're looking for a few more people to join our instructor ranks to create amazing educational content... could you be who we're looking for?
What We're Looking For
We're looking for some new instructors to help fill regular content spots in the following areas:
Does the thought of smooth curves and creating graphics with the minimal point count get you going? Whatever your software choice (Adobe Illustrator, Sketch, CorelDRAW, GIMP, Inkscape, Affinity Designer, etc...), we're looking for beginner to advanced tutorials, small or long projects. We're especially interested in editorial illustration, infographics and text effects, but if your talent can match or better our current instructors, there will be space for you on the team!
Design Skills & Theory
Do you know what makes a good or a bad logo? We're looking for people to teach the community basic to niche and advanced design skills and theory. If you've got knowledge you want to share in typography, logo design and branding, we want to hear from you.
Have you always wanted to teach beyond the doodle? We love making Learning Guides of different fundamentals and styles... perhaps you've got a series in your knowledge bank. We're looking for instructors who can teach topics such as technical drawing, cartoons and zentangles... this is just the tip of the iceberg, as we're hungry for many areas!
We're pretty full on icon design, Photoshop and vector illustration right now, but if you think you can do better than what we publish, you're more than welcome to step up. We never say no to an awesome talent.
What We Can Offer
Let's get down to what we can offer you, should you be what's needed in our instructor team:
- Our starting rate for a standard tutorial is $200 USD, and this will increase if you contribute once per month. Those with sought-after talents may command more!
- For the right people, we can offer regular, monthly content spots. Some instructors write 3+ items per month, with many contributing both written content and video courses for Tuts+!
- We provide many resources to help you create content, from our Instructor Guides to our user-friendly content management system.
- We offer incentives to collaborate with fellow Team Awesome instructors!
- We celebrate diversity, not only in our instructor team but also in our content.
How to Apply
Experience isn't required in terms of writing tutorials, as you will learn the ropes with us. However, you will need to include links to your best artwork, as we judge on quality.
So what are you waiting for?
Envato Tuts+ tutorials are translated into other languages by our community members—you can be involved too!Translate this post