We're looking for more instructors! Do you want to be paid to create content for an established and respected educational network, with over 4 million unique visitors per month? You could be the person we're looking for to add to our already awesome instructor team.
What We're Looking For
While we publish content on Tuts+ focusing on vector applications such as Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Sketch app and Inkscape, we want more! We're expanding into other content areas and have a healthy budget on commissioning quality content from the right people. Do you fit one of the skill sets we're looking for?
- Drawing: Hand lettering
- Drawing: Realism
- Vector: CorelDRAW specialists
- Vector: Typography
- Drawing/Vector: Calligraphy (including Arabic calligraphy styles)
- Print Design: InDesign specialists
Although we've got a full roster of talented regular instructors in other areas, there will always be space for more talented, motivated and original instructors. If your specialism isn't listed but you feel you can bring something to the community, then consider applying.
Benefits of Becoming a Tuts+ Instructor
There are many benefits in coming a Tuts+ Instructor:
- Getting paid for a subject you're passionate about is always rewarding
- Get your name out into the community, this is especially good if you're just starting your freelance career
- If you're a vector stock provider, get paid to show off your skills and teach others how to do it and we can then link to your GraphicRiver account!
- Establish yourself as an expert in your given field by writing regularly for a respected educational network
- Regular instructors get an increased rate, this is especially good if you're starting out freelancing and want a steady income
- We accept both professionally written tutorials and video screen casts, so it's all to do with how comfortable you feel sharing your knowledge
- Collaborate with other authors within the Tuts+ team on awesome projects! Great for adding to your portfolio
I'm sure there are plenty more benefits. I initially started my freelance career writing for Tuts+ and it's lead me to more opportunities, including writing my own book for Adobe Press!
Let's Talk Money!
Let's face it, one of the most appealing things about writing for Tuts+ is the money. Some of our regular instructors bill us for $700 USD+ per month for publishing high quality tutorials, several times per month.
Our rates start at $50-75 USD per quick tip tutorial and $150-200 USD per regular tutorial. We are willing to discuss rates for more high profile artists and educators.
If you're a regular instructor, who is consistently hitting deadlines, providing quality content and engaging with readers, you can expect to bill $700 USD+ per month, which works out at $8,400 USD per year! Money for working from home, educating readers on your passion? Who doesn't want to pass that chance up!
Pitch a Tutorial!
We'll need the following information from you:
- A brief paragraph about your background and why you're a good fit.
- A single link to an article that you've written, helped create, or like.
- Two ideas for tutorials that you'd like to write for us.
- Examples of your work, either attached images or a link to your portfolio.
E-mails with just a couple of sentences will be discarded... we want passionate people teaching our passionate readers! Send the above information to:
We look forward to hearing from you and can't wait to see what you can teach our readers!
Envato Tuts+ tutorials are translated into other languages by our community members—you can be involved too!Translate this post