Each year across the globe, the lives of designers come to their ghastly end. The cause? An unstoppable epidemic involving stationery avalanches, faulty hardware, and bad takeout. We remember the lives of our talented friends in this month's Design & Illustration Community Project.
How Will the World Remember You This Halloween?
Cue smoke machine. Lurking in the shadows of this post are the souls of our long lost Tuts+ instructors! They leave behind the wondrous teachings of age-old design philosophies and really...cool...art. But how will the world remember you once you've kicked the bucket?
Show us your personalized gravestone to get featured in this month's Design & Illustration Community Project!
Easy to Edit Vector and Photoshop Templates!
A big thank you to Sharon Milne for dying twice for this project, and also to Andrei Marius for our vector template from his recent tutorial! We have two great templates that make it super fun and easy to submit. So alter them as you see fit, or scrap them for your very own unique version.
How to Enter this Community Project:
- Download our templates—these include AI and PSD files ready to be edited to your liking. This option is great for beginners, but if you'd like to take on the challenge, feel free to submit your own custom gravestone.
- Upload your personalized gravestone to the comments section below. Remember to Save for Web with a fixed width of 600 x 600 pixels.
- Include your name, website, or a short bio to tell us about yourself!
Feeling superstitious? We totally understand. If you're not comfortable "burying" yourself just yet but still want to participate, switch things up! Imagine the gravestone for a fictional character instead, perhaps Walter White or Darth Vader?
- Upload your personalized gravestone to the comments section in order to be included in the community showcase. The deadline for submissions is October 29th, 2014.
- Use the Vector and Photoshop templates we've provided above, or start from scratch.
- Please keep your submissions light and fun! Avoid any offensive or harsh language.
- When you publish your artwork on this article, you agree that the graphic can be included in one or more articles on Tuts+ and perhaps shared with other readers on the Tuts+ network via social media.
- It's really that easy! So submit and have fun!
Here Lie Our Beloved Tuts+ Instructors
Weep for them, and get inspired.
Beware, We Put a Spell On You!
Let's face it, Halloween makes October the greatest month...ever! So join us in this project, invite your friends, and help spread the word! We look forward to all your submissions!