The whole team here at Tuts+ is excited to announce that we’ve just published our 20,000th free tutorial. Since launching in 2007, Tuts+ has helped more than a quarter of a billion people learn new skills and improve their lives. We’re very proud to have helped so many people from all over the world expand their knowledge across a huge range of topics—all for free!
To celebrate the occasion, we asked our editorial team to share with you some of their favorite tutorials from the last few years, so make sure to check them out!
Tuts+ Design & Illustration
This tutorial from September 2013 teaches you how to create a WPAP (Wedha's Pop Art Portrait) portrait in Adobe Illustrator. Produced by the WPAP master himself, Abdul Rasyid!
This series of tutorials will teach you how to turn your entrepreneurial business concept into an actual startup by following the instructor Jeff Reifman’s own product development process.
Tuts+ Code WordPress
The first of a series on exploring the complexity of managing your digital legacy. In this tutorial, Jeff Reifman shares how he learned to host his WordPress site for a hundred years, ensuring continuity after he’s gone.
Tuts+ Web Design
Learn how to code a future-proofed responsive email template for email clients with no media query support whatsoever. From instructor Nicole Merlin.
Tuts+ Photo & Video
Learn how to create a beautifully effective bokeh effect to provoke an emotional response in your photos. With instructor Marie Gardiner.
Eight Years & 20,000 Free Tutorials Later
Here are a few stats from our tutorial vault:
- Over 2,600 different instructors have written for Tuts+, spread over 20,000 tutorials.
- Over 300 million people from around 99% of all the different countries in the world have visited the Tuts+ network since the initial launch of PSDTUTS (now Tuts+ Design & Illustration) in 2007. That’s close to the entire population of the United States of America, the third most populated country in the world.
- Top instructors on Tuts+ by posts are:
1) Mo Volans: 230 posts in Tuts+ Music & Audio
2) Martin Perhiniak: 218 posts in Tuts+ Design & Illustration & Tuts+ Photo & Video
3) Andrei Marius: 214 posts in Tuts+ Design & Illustration
- Over 40 Tuts+ tutorials have had more than one million views.
- 41,702,992 minutes of video from the Tuts+ YouTube channels have been watched. That's over 79 years—a lifetime of learning.
- Our 20,000 tutorials consist of over 30 million words. That's more than 27 times the length of the entire series of Harry Potter books!
From everyone here on the Tuts+ team, thank you for your support over the years.
Please note: Entry into the competition has now closed. Winners will be notified shortly via Disqus.