Seems like only yesterday I was putting together the Top 40 Design & Illustration Posts of 2014. How time flies... it's 2016 already!
This year, we've seen a few new things worth mentioning before we get into our top 40 from the Design & Illustration section in 2015:
- We've had a small change to our name... from Tuts+ to Envato Tuts+. This is so we're more aligned with our parent company, Envato (who most will know from Envato Market).
- We hit the landmark 500 courses... in fact, at time of writing, we've smashed this and currently have over 670 video courses!
- We've created many new learning guides including the awesome ...in 60 Seconds series, Careers in Design & Illustration and Adobe Photoshop for Kids.
- Diversity has been at the forefront of our themes and aims on Envato Tuts+, as it should be with all education. We've been kicking off content with worldwide themes with Global Influences, and publishing content with a variety of gender and LGBTQI themes.
- Halloween this year was filled with content on The Wizard of Oz instead of the usual ghouls. It was so much fun organising it that we're planning our next movie week in January... Hint: it might be the one that you want!
So enough with patting ourselves on the back—let's get into this Top 40.
The Top 40 Design & Illustration Posts of 2015
In no specific order, these are the posts our readers loved in 2015.
- Facebook JPEG Compression: How to Get the Best Image Quality on Your TimelineMarie Gardiner30 Jan 2015
- Make a Trendy Double Exposure Effect in Adobe PhotoshopYulia Sokolova13 Mar 2020
- How to Create a Realistic Neon Light Text Effect in Adobe PhotoshopRose11 May 2022
- 10 Drawing Myths That Block Your ProgressMonika Zagrobelna13 May 2015
- 10 Essential Tips & Tools All Adobe Illustrator Beginners Should LearnSharon Archer-Thomas10 Jan 2019
- Why Is It So Hard to Draw From Imagination? Here's How to Do It!Monika Zagrobelna22 Jan 2015
- How to Create Stylish Flat Space Icons in Adobe PhotoshopYulia Sokolova14 Jan 2015
- How to Create a Clean, Glossy Plastic Text Effect in Adobe PhotoshopRose31 Dec 2020
- Hand Lettering: Mastering Brush ScriptScott Biersack25 Mar 2021
- Create a Dimensional Raindrop Desktop Wallpaper Illustration in Adobe IllustratorMary Winkler19 Jan 2015
- Create an Easy 3D Metallic Text Effect in Adobe PhotoshopRose19 Jan 2015
- How to Create a Flat Grayscale Cityscape in Adobe IllustratorYulia Sokolova10 Feb 2015
- Create a 3D Retro Text Effect Using Layer Styles in Adobe PhotoshopRose02 Feb 2015
- How to Paint Realistic Eyes in Adobe PhotoshopAlice Catrinel Ciobotaru13 Feb 2015
- How to Create a Stylized Captain’s Portrait in Adobe IllustratorYulia Sokolova24 Feb 2015
- How to Create Custom Water Splash Brushes in Adobe PhotoshopKirk Nelson23 Feb 2015
- Create a Crazy Sticker Bombing Seamless Pattern in Adobe IllustratorYulia Sokolova28 Feb 2015
- The Basics of Drawing Type & Creating Your Own Handwritten FontGrace Fussell09 Jun 2021
- How to Create a Bouquet of Spring Flowers in Adobe IllustratorNataliya Dolotko12 Feb 2015
- Hand Lettering: How to Vector Your LetterformsScott Biersack30 Mar 2021
- The Complete Beginner’s Guide to Chinese FontsKendra Schaefer02 May 2022
- Create a Fantasy Landscape Matte Painting in Adobe PhotoshopJenny Le13 Mar 2015
- How to Learn to Draw: Stage One, Manual SkillsMonika Zagrobelna08 May 2018
- How to Create a Stencil Banner Text Effect in Adobe PhotoshopRose03 Mar 2015
- How to Create a Quick Sketch Text Effect in Adobe PhotoshopRose09 Mar 2015
- Quick Tip: How to Create a Pencil Pattern Brush in Adobe IllustratorAndrei Marius20 Mar 2015
- How to Create a Quick Sparkling Diamonds Text Effect in Adobe PhotoshopRose13 Jul 2020
- How to Create and Use Luminosity Masks in Adobe PhotoshopKirk Nelson28 Jun 2019
- How to Create a Glowing Metal Text Effect in Adobe PhotoshopRose21 Apr 2015
- Create a Retro Logotype on a Blurred Background in Adobe IllustratorYulia Sokolova07 Apr 2015
- Create a Quick and Simple 3D Sticker Text Effect in Adobe PhotoshopRose02 Apr 2015
- How to Draw a Stick Figure: a Complex GuideMonika Zagrobelna01 Apr 2015
- Quick Tip: Clean Up Your Traditional Drawings in PhotoshopMonika Zagrobelna07 Apr 2015
- Understanding Adobe Illustrator's Grid SystemAndrei Stefan14 Apr 2015
- 10 Basic Mistakes in Digital Painting and How to Fix ThemMonika Zagrobelna28 Dec 2021
- Create a Taylor Swift "Style" Inspired Double Exposure Effect in PhotoshopKirk Nelson05 May 2015
- Free Alternatives to Adobe Creative CloudMary Winkler08 May 2015
- Team Awesome: From Hand-Lettered Logotype to Vector in Adobe IllustratorRoberlan Borges29 May 2015
- Create a Funny Surreal Underground Scene With Adobe PhotoshopJenny Le25 May 2015
- Create a Cute Deer Illustration in Adobe IllustratorIoana Sopov01 Jun 2015
Happy New Year and All the Best for 2016!
Did your favourite get into the top 40? Did we miss it? Share with us in the comments. While you're at it, is there something you want to learn in 2016? No matter how niche or specific it is, please tell us.
On behalf of the instructors of Design & Illustration and the Envato Tuts+ team, I'd like to wish you all a Happy New Year and all the best for 2016. Let's hope this is your year!