Photoshop loves giving us multiple ways to do the same thing, and zooming in and out is no exception! In this article, we will be looking at how to zoom in Photoshop.
Prefer a quick video tutorial? This video from the Envato Tuts+ YouTube channel has you covered:
What You'll Learn in This Photoshop Tutorial
- How to zoom in on Photoshop
- Zoom tool shortcuts in Photoshop
- How to Zoom in and out in Photoshop
How Do I Know How Much I'm Zoomed in Photoshop?
Sometimes it can be hard to tell just how to zoom out in Photoshop and how much you're zoomed in or out. Luckily, if you look in the bottom-left corner of Photoshop, you'll see your zoom percentage.
How to Zoom in Photoshop
Option 1: Hold Z
While another tool is active, hold down Z and pull the mouse left to zoom out and right to zoom in. The canvas will zoom in on the area that the Zoom tool is hovering over.
Release Z to automatically switch to your previously active tool.
Option 2: Tap Z
If you want to switch to the Zoom tool long-term, tap Z without holding it down.
Now click to zoom in and hold Alt to zoom out. Alternatively, you can manually switch between the Zoom In and Zoom Out tools using the upper Options bar.
Option 3: Reset Canvas Zoom
Wondering how to zoom out in Photoshop after zooming in? To reset the canvas back to 100% zoom, double-click the Zoom tool.
Or, with the Zoom tool active, you can use one of the three zoom preset buttons in the upper options bar.
That's how to zoom in and out in Photoshop. None of these methods are better than the others. When it comes to something as essential as zooming in and out while you work, you just want to use which way is easiest.
Looking to learn more? Check out these Photoshop tutorials.
- Photoshop Retouching for BeginnersAbbey Esparza22 Nov 2022
- How to Make a Fisheye Effect in PhotoshopAbbey Esparza22 Nov 2022
- 10 Essential Design Tips for PhotoshopAbbey Esparza26 Apr 2022
- How to Create a Rainbow Gradient in PhotoshopAbbey Esparza04 Feb 2022
- How to Remove Green Screen in PhotoshopAbbey Esparza30 Jan 2023
- How to Make a Risograph Texture EffectAbbey Esparza30 Nov 2021