Are you a skilled graphic designer? Have you considered sharing your knowledge through teaching online video courses? This is a unique opportunity to become part of the Tuts+ instructor team. Here’s the challenge: we want you to teach typography or lettering to our students—helping to grow their graphic skills.
What Makes a Great Typography or Lettering Instructor?
- You’re skilled in communicating through letter-based designs that look amazing.
- You can explain the decision-making processes behind well-crafted work and how to make good type choices.
- You enjoy making complex, visual subjects simple to understand.
- You want to guide a large audience of practicing graphic designers and illustrators.
- Besides that, you’re comfortable recording screencasts in English.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to talk!
We’re looking for typographers, letterers, type specialists, graphic designers, and illustrators, to teach video-based courses at Tuts+. Get paid a competitive rate to share your knowledge and experience.
What We're Looking For
Here are a few subjects we need graphic instructors to teach:
- Typography - Type use in graphic design.
- Lettering - From hand drawn to digital letterforms.
- Design Software - Creative software workflows, such as Affinity Designer.
We cover a wide range of graphic design and illustration subjects at Tuts+, well beyond those listed above. Reach out and tell us about what you’re passionate about!
Why Teach for Tuts+?
- Work from home in your own time, as a freelance contributor.
- Give back to the community and share your skills teaching others.
- Get paid a competitive per course rate of $3,500 USD.
- We'll provide you with curriculum and screencasting setup support.
- We care deeply about diversity, and welcome applicants of all types, and from all backgrounds.
Produce typography, lettering, or graphic design courses with assistance from our editorial team. (Don’t worry if you’re inexperienced in recording video, we’ll help you get set up). Set your project schedule, course objectives, and geek out teaching your favorite visual subjects. If you’re eager to share, you’ll fit right in!
How to Apply
Learn more about teaching at Tuts+ and complete our Teach a Course application form to apply. This is a remote position—open to applicants from anywhere.
Subscribe below and we’ll send you a weekly email summary of all new Design & Illustration tutorials. Never miss out on learning about the next big thing.Update me weekly
Envato Tuts+ tutorials are translated into other languages by our community members—you can be involved too!Translate this post