Tuts+ has just released Photoshop to HTML: Slice Your Designs Like a Pro!
Within its pages, Nettuts+ editor Jeffrey Way takes you through the entire process of converting a design from Photoshop into a complete HTML/CSS website. If you can create gorgeous designs in Photoshop but don't know how to convert them into solid, functioning website, this book will teach you how. With these skills in your arsenal you can begin working as a professional web designer, or increase the money you earn for every web design gig you do.
But this is NOT just an eBook. It also comes packed with extras, like a directory of Photoshop, HTML and CSS files for you to use as you work through the book AND a series of 14 screencasts (over 4 hours of training) taking you through the whole project from beginning to end. The eBook and training were created by Jeffrey Way, a superstar in front-end development and veteran editor of Nettuts+, one of the biggest web development learning sites on the internet.
This eBook is for anyone who has an elementary understanding of HTML and CSS. You should be familiar with HTML tags and the most common CSS properties. Some of the topics covered in the book are as follows:
- Different methods for slicing a PSD.
- Create semantic mark-up, and learn how this HTML relates to the original PSD.
- How to utilize techniques, such as background replacement and sprite generation.
- Use custom fonts with Cufon font replacement.
- The differences between absolute and relative positioning.
- How to compensate for the dreaded Internet Explorer 6.
- Take advantage of advanced CSS3 features.
- How to take advantage of a variety of helpful browser extensions to expedite your coding.
- Utilize the jQuery library to add a touch of interactivity.
And there’s plenty more!
To get a feel for the book you can Download the Sample Pages (17 pages).
About the Author
PDF eBook, $29 - Purchase
Envato Tuts+ tutorials are translated into other languages by our community members—you can be involved too!Translate this post