2013 saw the beginning of the Psdtuts+ Design Challenges where artists around the world submitted incredible creations based on our monthly themes. This year, we want to kick off 2014 with a fun animation challenge inspired by winter. Submit your final creations to our community on Google+ and check out the works of other talented artists.
What is a Design Challenge?
Each month, we challenge you to put your Photoshop skills to the test by creating art inspired by that month’s theme. At the end of each challenge, we may feature your submissions on our website and possibly discuss them in a Google+ Hangout.
This Month's Challenge
GIF animations have always been popular online. In this month's challenge, we want you to Create a Winter-Themed Animated GIF in Photoshop. If you're unfamiliar with how to animate in Photoshop, take a look at our tutorials below for more information on the wide range of techniques you can utilize for this challenge. Optimization plays a huge role in creating the perfect GIF animation. So be sure to keep submissions 1MB or smaller in file size.
Inspiration and Tutorials
Unfamiliar with GIF animations? Take a look at these tutorials to inspire you and help you decide what to do for your animation.
- Create a Daft Punk GIF Animation Using Illustrator and Photoshop
- Comprehensive Guide to Working With Video in Photoshop - The Timeline Panel
- Use the New Timeline in Photoshop CS6 to Create an Animated GIF from a Video
- 2 Ways to Create a Slow Motion Video Effect With Photoshop
- Use Photoshop to Create a Winter-Themed Animated GIF. Submissions must be 1MB or smaller.
- Your submission must be your original work created specifically for this challenge. Do not submit previous works from your portfolio.
- Utilize any technique to assist you, including but not limited to: videography, illustration, animation, digital painting, and 3D techniques.
- When you submit an entry, tell the community a bit about your piece. Why did you create it? What does it mean? Tell us anything that you think we would find interesting.
- If you use any third-party assets (including stock photography), make sure that you have the rights to do so, and cite your sources. You can find resources on sites like the stock.xchng, PhotoDune, 123rf, or any other legitimate stock photography website.
- Avoid using images that are overly violent, offensive, or contain nudity.
How To Submit
- To submit your artwork, join the Psdtuts+ Community on Google+ and upload your artwork to the wall.
- Include links to any stock photography used so we can see how your work came together.
- Tag your post with the Google+ Hashtag #psdtutsdc.
- You may submit unlimited entries to this challenge.
- Submissions must be received by February 7, 2014 at 11:59 PM EST.
- By submitting your artwork, we (Envato) don’t make any claims of ownership. The artwork is yours to do whatever you want with.
- You grant us permission to publish your artwork on other sites in our network as well as our social media profile pages.
- You also understand that we may reference your submission later on, and critique it for educational purposes.
- This is not a contest. No prizes will be awarded.
Subscribe below and we’ll send you a weekly email summary of all new Design & Illustration tutorials. Never miss out on learning about the next big thing.Update me weekly
Envato Tuts+ tutorials are translated into other languages by our community members—you can be involved too!Translate this post