Our design challenges are a fun way for you to practice what you have learned here on Psdtuts+. In this month's design challenge, we want you to apply some of the techniques you have learned from our site to create artwork using a pack of raw images that we have supplied. Use these raw photos to create a photo manipulation, a text effect, an environment, or anything else you can think of. We want you to use these images in creative ways, so have fun and create anything you can think of. When you are done, simply upload your creations to our community on Google+ and show us how you incorporated these photos into your own digital art.
What is a Design Challenge?
Each month, we challenge you to put your Photoshop skills to the test by creating art inspired by that month’s theme. At the end of each challenge, we may feature your submissions on our website and possibly discuss them in a Google+ Hangout.
This Month's Challenge
We understand that great digital art comes in many forms. Whether you're a great photo manipulator, typographer, digital painter, or something else, show us which skills you excel at. In this challenge we want you to Use Raw Photography to Create Your Own Artwork. We have supplied both DNG and JPG files. DNG files give you more flexibility when making adjustments, so open those images in Adobe Camera Raw to make the most of those assets. You can download the image pack from the links below. Be sure to read the guidelines below for additional information.
Download The Image Asset Pack
Inspiration and Tutorials
This challenge is all about your skills. Take a look at the tutorials and inspiration below to help you decide which images to use and how to incorporate them into your work.
- Download the image asset pack. Use one or more images from the pack to Create Your Own Artwork in Photoshop. You are also free to supplement these assets with stock photography that is not included in this pack.
- Your submission must be your original work created specifically for this challenge. Do not submit previous works from your portfolio.
- Utilize any technique to assist you, including but not limited to: photo manipulation, typography, illustration, digital painting, and 3D techniques.
- When you submit an entry, tell the community a bit about your piece. Which image from the pack did you use? Why did you create it? What does it mean? Tell us anything that you think we would find interesting.
- If you use any third-party assets (including stock photography), make sure that you have the rights to do so, and cite your sources. You can find resources on sites like the stock.xchng, PhotoDune, 123rf, or any other legitimate stock photography website.
- Avoid using or creating images that are overly violent, offensive, or contain nudity.
How To Submit
- To submit your artwork, join the Psdtuts+ Community on Google+ and upload your artwork to the wall.
- Include links to any stock photography used so we can see how your work came together.
- Tag your post with the Google+ Hashtag #psdtutsdc.
- You may submit unlimited entries to this challenge.
- Submissions must be received by December 13, 2013 at 11:59 PM EST.
- By submitting your artwork, we (Envato) don’t make any claims of ownership. The artwork is yours to do whatever you want with.
- You grant us permission to publish your artwork on other sites in our network as well as our social media profile pages.
- You also understand that we may reference your submission later on, and critique it for educational purposes.
- This is not a contest. No prizes will be awarded.
Subscribe below and we’ll send you a weekly email summary of all new Design & Illustration tutorials. Never miss out on learning about the next big thing.Update me weekly
Envato Tuts+ tutorials are translated into other languages by our community members—you can be involved too!Translate this post