With Halloween just around the corner, October is the month for all things spooky. In this month's Psdtuts+ Design Challenge, we want you to show us your best interpretations of a spooky haunted house. Join us on Google+ to see the works of other artists and more!
What is a Design Challenge?
Each month, we challenge you to put your Photoshop skills to the test by creating art inspired by that month's theme. At the end of each challenge, we may feature your submissions on our website and possibly discuss them in a Google+ Hangout.
This Month's Challenge
Are you scared of the things that creak in the night? Well, we just couldn't pass up the opportunity to celebrate the spookiest time of the year with a Halloween challenge! This month, we want you to Create a Haunted House in Photoshop.
Submit original work for a chance to be featured in our challenge roundup and review. Take a look at the works below for inspiration and be sure to read the guidelines for additional information.
- Use your creativity to Create a Haunted House in Photoshop.
- Your submission must be your original work created specifically for this challenge. Do not submit previous works from your portfolio.
- Utilize any technique to assist you, including but not limited to: photo manipulation, illustration, digital painting, and 3D techniques.
- When you submit an entry, tell the community a bit about your piece. Why did you create it? What does it mean? Tell us anything that you think we would find interesting.
- If you use any third-party assets (including stock photography), make sure that you have the rights to do so, and cite your sources. You can find resources on sites like the stock.xchng, PhotoDune, 123rf, or any other legitimate stock photography website.
- Avoid using images that are overly violent, offensive, or contain nudity.
How To Submit
- To submit your artwork, join the Psdtuts+ Community on Google+ and upload your artwork to the wall.
- Include links to any stock photography used so we can see how your work came together.
- Tag your post with the Google+ Hashtag #psdtutsdc.
- You may submit unlimited entries to this challenge.
- Submissions must be received by October 31, 2013 at 11:59 PM EST.
- By submitting your artwork, we (Envato) don't make any claims of ownership. The artwork is yours to do whatever you want with.
- You grant us permission to publish your artwork on other sites in our network as well as our social media profile pages.
- You also understand that we may reference your submission later on, and critique it for educational purposes.
- This is not a contest. No prizes will be awarded.
Subscribe below and we’ll send you a weekly email summary of all new Design & Illustration tutorials. Never miss out on learning about the next big thing.Update me weekly
Envato Tuts+ tutorials are translated into other languages by our community members—you can be involved too!Translate this post