Since our first Psdtuts+ Design Challenge, we've added nearly 1,000 members to our Google+ Community! We invite you to join us in our 5th design challenge and show us your Photoshop skills by creating a zombie!
What is a Design Challenge?
Each month, we challenge you to put your Photoshop skills to the test by creating art inspired by that month’s theme. At the end of each challenge, we may feature your submissions on our website and possibly discuss them in a Google+ Hangout.
This Month’s Challenge
From The Walking Dead to the latest World War Z movie, this is the year for zombies! And in this month's challenge, we want you to Zombify A Photo. That's right, take a subject from a photo and turn them into a flesh eating, brain grazing zombie! Do you like a more traditional biter? Or will you create a new breed like the ones occupying theaters this summer?
Submit original work for the chance to be featured in our challenge roundup and review. Take a look at the works below for inspiration and be sure to read the guidelines for more information.
- Use your creativity and "Zombify" a photo in Photoshop.
- Your submission must be your original work created specifically for this challenge. Do not submit previous works from your portfolio.
- You are free to use any technique to assist you, including but not limited to: photo manipulation, illustration, digital painting, and 3D techniques.
- When you submit an entry, tell the community a bit about your piece. Why did you create it? What does it mean? Tell us anything that you think we would find interesting.
- If you use any third-party assets (including stock photography), make sure that you have the rights to do so, and cite your sources. You can find resources on sites like the stock.xchng, PhotoDune, 123rf, or any other legitimate stock photography website.
- Avoid using images that are overly violent, offensive, or contain nudity.
How To Submit
- To submit your artwork, join the Psdtuts+ Community on Google+ and upload your artwork to the wall.
- Include links to any stock photography used so we can see how your work came together.
- Tag your post with the Google+ Hashtag #psdtutsdc.
- You may submit unlimited entries to this challenge.
- Submissions must be received by Tuesday, August 11, 2013 at 11:59 PM EST.
- By submitting your artwork, we (Envato) don’t make any claims of ownership. The artwork is yours to do whatever you want with.
- You grant us permission to publish your artwork on other sites in our network as well as our social media profile pages.
- You also understand that we may reference your submission later on, and critique it for educational purposes.
- This is not a contest. No prizes will be awarded.
Envato Tuts+ tutorials are translated into other languages by our community members—you can be involved too!Translate this post