We asked for your help in deciding this month's theme for the Psdtuts+ Design Challenge. You voted, and the theme for this month's challenge is to Recreate A Famous Movie Poster in Photoshop. Share your art with us on Google+ and have fun!
What is a Design Challenge?
Each month, we challenge you to put your Photoshop skills to the test by creating art inspired by that month’s theme. At the end of each challenge, we may feature your submissions on our website and possibly discuss them in a Google+ Hangout.
This Month’s Challenge
This month, your task will be to Recreate a Famous Movie Poster. Be sure to submit original work, created specifically for this challenge, for the chance for your art to be featured in our challenge roundup and review. Check out the official guidelines for more information and some inspiration below!
- Use your creativity to Recreate A Famous Movie Poster in Photoshop.
- Your submission must be your original work created specifically for this challenge. Do not submit previous works from your portfolio.
- You are free to use any technique to assist you, including but not limited to: photo manipulation, illustration, digital painting, and 3D techniques.
- When you submit an entry, tell the community a bit about your piece. Why did you create it? What does it mean? Tell us anything that you think we would find interesting.
- If you use any third-party assets (including stock photography), make sure that you have the rights to do so. You can find resources on sites like the stock.xchng, PhotoDune, 123rf, or any other legitimate stock photography website.
- If you use stock photography, cite your sources so that everyone can see the photos that you used.
- Avoid using images that are violent or offensive.
- To submit your artwork, join the Psdtuts+ Community on Google+ and upload your artwork to the wall.
- Include links to any stock photography used so we can see how your work came together.
- Tag your post with the Google+ Hashtag #psdtutsdc.
- You may submit unlimited entries to this challenge.
- Submissions must be received by Tuesday, June 25, 2013 at 12:00 PM EST.
- By submitting your artwork, we (Envato) don’t make any claims of ownership. The artwork is yours to do whatever you want with.
- You grant us permission to publish your artwork on other sites in our network as well as our social media profile pages.
- You also understand that we may reference your submission later on, and critique it for educational purposes.
- This is not a contest. No prizes will be awarded.
How To Submit
Subscribe below and we’ll send you a weekly email summary of all new Design & Illustration tutorials. Never miss out on learning about the next big thing.Update me weekly
Envato Tuts+ tutorials are translated into other languages by our community members—you can be involved too!Translate this post