I'm happy to present Vectortuts+ Totem Collection 3! Part three has some great pieces to look at and is almost entirely made from Vectortuts Flickr Group submissions! You can still take part in this fun project! Check out our fantastic third totem, and how to get involved in future Totem Projects, at the jump.
Vectortuts+ Totem, Collection 3
This totem is made from a selection of the excellent illustrations that have been created and uploaded to the Vectortuts Flickr Group!
We will be publishing one more Totem before the end of the year, so let's make the next one massive!
Haven't sent us your artwork yet? Find out how you can be part of Collection 4 at the end of this post.
Million Dollar Monkeys : Pasquale Di Maio
"I'm Lino, a Graphic Designer from Italy."
Totem : YUP
YUP/Paulo.Arraiano, expresses himself through a body of work from where the forms emerge from an ambivalence between urban culture and nature, merging both these realities that surround him and bring forth a world between worlds where he continually searches for his space, his language; energy that flows and is turned into drawing, into shapes, color and movement… placed in all mediums possible, from digital to walls. clothing, street, toys, skateboards, music, galleries ...everywhere...
Totem : n1k4r0
"Probably the wrong man in the wrong place, I'm a web programmer and I do illustrations just for fun."
Buatoom Totem : Buatoom
"I am a designer from Thailand who loves to design lovely characters. Hope you enjoy the vectortuts totem, thanks ^ ^"
Bad Babies : Roripuff
"These cute little fellows are my Bad Baby Characters.They tend to be mischievous sometimes. They usually volunteer themselves as a subject for animation, illustration and 3D works. I love making flat, vivid, colorful and cute characters (sometimes with a touch of horror personality). They somehow aide me by reminding that everything around us is beautiful if we just look at them in a positive and bright ways."
My Princess Toadstool : Creative Mamma
"After teaching elementary school for nine years, I keep my schedule full being a mom and working at my local public library. In the wee hours of the night, you can find me doodling and creating vector art. I doodling kawaii characters!"
Tree : Neil Hanvey
Neil Hanvey is an illustrator from the UK, he likes doodling and collecting vinyl toys.
My Friend's Pet : Spencerguerrero
"I'm a junior in high school, and take interest in simple geometric shapes, partnered with soft colors (obviously). I feel that simple, clean lines, and simple details can be just as visually appealing as more complicated designs. I've only used Illustrator for four days."
How to Get Involved!
How to Make a Totem:
- Download the Design Template and Artwork Guidelines
- Draw your image and export it as a .Jpg (more instructions can be found in the download file)
- Upload your design to Flickr, include the tag "vectortuts totem" and a short paragraph about yourself and your work.
- Add your design to the Vectortuts+ Flickr Group
- Artwork can be any style or theme as long as it's vector and 100% your own work.
- You don't have to spend hours and hours on your piece, the project's aim is to be fun, fast and individual.
- You may submit more than one design as long as you let us know what order they stack in.
- The final image must be a 600px by 320px 72dpi RGB Jpg (to fit our blog template).
- When you publish your work on Flickr, please include one or two paragraphs about yourself and/or your work and a link to your website / online portfolio.
- Make sure to add your final artwork to the Vectortuts+ Flickr Group and add the tag "vectortuts totem" to your image data.
Subscribe below and we’ll send you a weekly email summary of all new Design & Illustration tutorials. Never miss out on learning about the next big thing.Update me weekly
Envato Tuts+ tutorials are translated into other languages by our community members—you can be involved too!Translate this post