Vectortuts+ loves Illustration and discovering new talent, so today we are proud to be launching a new community project that combines both, the Vectortuts+ Totem Project. The best thing is, you can be a part of it! Check out our very first totem, and out how to get involved, at the jump.
Vectortuts+ Totem, Collection 1
For our very first Vectortuts+ Totem, we gathered together illustrators that not only stand out for their vector skills, but also for their unique styles. Keep and eye out for the Vectortuts+ Totem Collection 2, that will include more inspirational professional illustrators and artwork submitted by our readers! Find out how you can be part of Collection 2 at the end of this post.
Candy and Lust (2 parts) : Grelin Machin
Grelin Machin is a vector and plush artist who is inspired by creepy and cute, colors and blood, childhood and religion (she loves contrast) and she has a thing for narwhal clowns.
Not Feeling so Good Up Here : Cronobreaker
Cronobreaker is currently working in Melbourne, Australia, for a toy & confectionery company. In his own time he likes to make up his own designs and is currently teaching himself Adobe Flash to someday take on the animation world.
Jumble Jungle : Quentin Viazac
I am studying art at Lyon based Emile Cohl scool for the third year. I'm really lucky to be studying Art as it's one of my passions (along with sport). I find inspiration from everything and everyone around me, it can be in other artist's works, in a friends joke or in a totally random situation.
I've been working with vectors for a very short time — about one year — and in my opinion it's a fantastic way of expression and realization. I am lovin' it. Visit my Online Store here.
Fire Moon Ghost : Louise McLennan
Louise McLennan is an illustrator currently working on a bunch of yet unreleased flash games. Her artwork is cute and colorful, very much inspired by Pixar films and video games such as Earthbound and Monkey Island.
Ziggy Starbeast : Nik Holmes
Nik Holmes combines a love of flat and chunky retro cartooning with the bold and colorful styling of old school graffiti to produce illustrations with a distinctly vector flavor. On a more personal creative front he produces the small press comic Hardcore Bikini Allstars and is chief gravedigger of the undead art site Zombiedollars. Ziggy Starbeast is the lead vocalist of the Elders from Mars, and when he isn't devastating ancient civilizations, or resting a millennia or two in the nth dimension, he loves pulling on his favorite silver spandex jumpsuit and belting out the hits. He'd like to come and meet us but he thinks he'd blow our minds
Brain Skully : Jira Jiramakorn
"I am a graphic designer from Thailand."
How to Get Involved!
How to Make a Totem:
- Download the Design Template and Artwork Guidelines
- Draw your image and export it as a .Jpg (more instructions can be found in the download file)
- Upload your design to Flickr, include the tag "vectortuts totem" and a short paragraph about yourself and your work.
- Add your design to the Vectortuts+ Flickr Group
- Artwork can be any style or theme as long as it's vector and 100% your own work.
- You don't have to spend hours and hours on your piece, the project's aim is to be fun, fast and individual.
- You may submit more than one design as long as you let us know what order they stack in.
- The final image must be a 600px by 320px 72dpi RGB Jpg (to fit our blog template).
- When you publish your work on Flickr, please include one or two paragraphs about yourself and/or your work and a link to your website / online portfolio.
- Make sure to add your final artwork to the Vectortuts+ Flickr Group and add the tag "vectortuts totem" to your image data.
Subscribe below and we’ll send you a weekly email summary of all new Design & Illustration tutorials. Never miss out on learning about the next big thing.Update me weekly
Envato Tuts+ tutorials are translated into other languages by our community members—you can be involved too!Translate this post