Vectortuts+ loves Illustration and discovering new talent, so today we are proud to be launching a new community project that combines both, the Vectortuts+ Paper Toy Project. The best thing is, you can be a part of it! Find out how to get involved, at the jump.
Design a Custom Vectortuts+ Paper Toy!
I'm excited to announce that we have a brand new community project launching today. The Vectortuts+ Paper Toy Project! This project aims to spark your imagination and showcase the work of our extremely talented community. Fire up your imagination and let's get started!
All you need to do for this project is download the design template and customize the Vectortuts+ Paper Toy in any style and theme that takes your fancy. Add a photo of your work to the Vectortuts+ Facebook Group and show us what you think a custom Vectortuts+ paper toy would look like. We will showcase a selection of the entries on our blog.
Deadline is the 7th of November, we can't wait to see what you come up with!
How to Get Involved!
Would you like to participate in the Vectortuts+ Paper Toy Project? It's easy, all you need to do is Download the Template, join the Vectortuts+ Facebook Group and get creative! Use the following guide to create the toy once you've printed it out.
Print the template out and find a pair of scissors and a some tape or glue.
Cut the template out along the solid lines and fold along the dashed lines.
Fold the side parts with the legs under the sides of the front panel and align the arm holes.
Thread the arm section through the arm holes and fold down the back and bottom panels.
Stick all of the panels together with the tape or glue. Take a photo of your toy - be as creative as you can with the location and scene (not like me!) and upload it to the Vectortuts+ facebook group.
How to Make a Vectortuts+ Custom Character:
- Download the Design Template
- Draw your image onto the template, you can be as creative as you like, feel free to alter any or all of the illustration. We want to see creative and fun projects so go crazy!
- Upload your design to the Vectortuts+ Facebook Group with a short description of the design and what kind of character it is.
- Artwork can be any style or theme as long as it's vector and 100% your own work.
- You don't have to spend hours and hours on your piece, the project's aim is to be fun, fast and individual.
- You may submit more than one design
- When you publish your work on Facebook, please include one or two paragraphs about yourself and/or your work and a link to your website / online portfolio.
- Have Fun!
Envato Tuts+ tutorials are translated into other languages by our community members—you can be involved too!Translate this post