Vectortuts+ loves Illustration and discovering new talent, so today we are proud to be launching a new community project that combines both, the Vectortuts+ Custom Skateboard Jam. The best thing is, you can be a part of it! Find out how to get involved, at the jump.
Create Your Own Skateboard Design
We've been listening to your requests and are proud to launch the Vectortuts+ Custom Skateboard Jam! Skateboards are a great medium for customization, but there can also be restrictions that make the design process a challenge (but ultimately rewarding). The template we have provided can be changed to any color you like, it can be used with or without the wheels, and it can be either horizontal or vertical, it's up to you!
All you need to do for this project is download the design template and customize the horizontal or vertical skateboard in any way you like. Be as experimental as you like, this is your ideal skateboard design. Add your work to the Vectortuts+ Facebook Group and share your creation. We will showcase a selection of the entries on our blog.
This project aims to spark your creativity and showcase the work of our extremely talented community. Fire up your imagination and let's get started! The Deadline is Monday 5th of March. We can't wait to see what you come up with!
How to Get Involved!
Template before and after, artwork by Sean Kelly
How to Make a Vectortuts+ Skateboard Design:
- Download the Design Template
- Draw your image onto the template, you can be as creative as you like, feel free to alter any or all of the illustration. We want to see creative and fun projects so go crazy!
- Upload (or tag) your design to the Vectortuts+ Facebook Group with a short description of your style or theme.
- Artwork can be any style or theme as long as it's vector and 100% your own work.
- You don't have to spend hours and hours on your piece, the project's aim is to be fun, fast and individual.
- You may submit more than one design
- When you publish your work on Facebook, please include one or two paragraphs about yourself and/or your work and a link to your website / online portfolio.
- Have Fun!
Subscribe below and we’ll send you a weekly email summary of all new Design & Illustration tutorials. Never miss out on learning about the next big thing.Update me weekly
Envato Tuts+ tutorials are translated into other languages by our community members—you can be involved too!Translate this post