Photoshop is clearly our favorite photo editing software. In this article, we have listed 50 best Photoshop tutorial effects that will show you how to perform a wide range of tasks including age progression, Instagram-like effects, lomo effects, and light leaks, as well as vintage and retro effects that you can use to help improve your photo editing workflow.
If you're looking for a quick way to make pro photo effects, then browse through our premium Photoshop photo effects and Photoshop actions, which can be purchased on GraphicRiver. There are thousands of creative options to choose from.
Or try our free course on making a double exposure effect in Photoshop.
Now, let's take a look at these free photo effect tutorials!
50 Best Photoshop Effect Tutorials
Learn how to do just about anything to your photos, from double exposure effects to cut-outs and so much more. Dive into these amazing tutorials created just for you by Envato Tuts+.
- Photo ManipulationHow to Make Someone Look Older in Adobe PhotoshopKirk Nelson
- Photo ManipulationHow to Age a Photo in Adobe PhotoshopKirk Nelson
- Photo EffectsQuick Tip: Create Light Leaks and Lomo Effects Using Actions in PhotoshopMike Moloney
- Photo EffectsHow to Combine a Crocodile and a Frog in PhotoshopJason Stanley
- Photo EffectsSwap Faces With PhotoshopMartin Perhiniak
- Photo EffectsUse Split Frequency Healing to Retouch a Photo in PhotoshopDaniel Meadows
- Photo EffectsHow to Create Masks of Transparent Elements in PhotoshopArindam Bhaduri
- Photo EffectsIntegrate a 3D Render Into a Macro Photograph Using PhotoshopNacho Riesco
- Photo EffectsCreate Hipstamatic and Instagram Style Effects With Photoshop and RetrographerMark Heaps
- Photo EffectsPhoto Effects Week: Create a Cutout Photograph in PhotoshopMark Heaps
- Photo EffectsPhoto Effects Week: Create a Lamb's Coat in PhotoshopAlexandra Fomicheva
- Photo EffectsHow to Turn Humdrum Photos Into Cinematic PortraitsJames Davies
- Photo EffectsQuick Tip: How To Fake a Tilt-Shift PhotoCory Cohoon
- Photo EffectsHow to Apply Textures to Uneven SurfacesJames Davies
- Photo EffectsHow to Simulate X-Ray Photography in PhotoshopJonathan Lam
- Photo EffectsAdding a Realistic Tattoo the Easy Way with PhotoshopDennis Dunbar
- Tools & TipsChanging Your BackgroundMartin Perhiniak
- Tools & TipsHow to Make the Most of the Info PanelMartin Perhiniak
- Photo EffectsQuick Tip: Remove a Person From a Photo With Photoshop CS5’s Content Aware FeatureMartin Sitar
- For KidsAdobe Photoshop for Kids: Become the Wizard of Oz!Kirk Nelson
- Photoshop ActionsHow to Create an Awesome Dispersion Action in Adobe PhotoshopMarko Kožokar
- Photo ManipulationHow to Create a Frankenstein's Monster Photo Manipulation in Adobe PhotoshopMelody Nieves
- Spirit DayHow to Create an Awareness Avatar Action in Adobe PhotoshopMelody Nieves
- Adobe PhotoshopCreate a Hot Air Balloon Scene From The Wizard of Oz in Adobe PhotoshopKirk Nelson
- Music VideoHow to Create a Tous-Les-Memes-Inspired, Isometric Scene Effect in PhotoshopKirk Nelson
- Photoshop ActionsHow to Create a Dark Photo Effect Action for Beginners in Adobe PhotoshopMarko Kožokar
- Photo EffectsPhotoshop in 60 Seconds: How to Create an Easy Sketch Effect With ActionsMelody Nieves
- TypographyHow to Combine Photography & Type for a Dramatic EffectGrace Fussell
- GrungeHow to Create a Retro 90s Grunge Photo Effect in Adobe PhotoshopMelody Nieves
- Photo EffectsHow to Create a Ghosted Dancer Effect in Adobe PhotoshopKirk Nelson
- IllustrationCreate an Illustrated Watercolor and Ink Photo Effect in PhotoshopSheridan Johns
- Music VideoHow to Create a Kaleidoscope Effect in Adobe PhotoshopKirk Nelson
- Photo EffectsHow to Create a Strip Fractal Mirror Effect in Adobe PhotoshopKirk Nelson
- Photo EffectsCreate a Devastating Twister With Photo Manipulation TechniquesShardul
- Photo EditingHow to Colourise an Old Photograph in Adobe PhotoshopMarie Gardiner
- For KidsAdobe Photoshop for Kids: Mini-Me!Kirk Nelson
- Fan ArtCreate a Glass Shard Reflection Double Exposure Effect in Adobe PhotoshopKirk Nelson
- Photo ManipulationCreate a City Destruction Scene Photo Manipulation in Adobe PhotoshopJenny Le
- Photo EffectsCreate a Taylor Swift "Style" Inspired Double Exposure Effect in PhotoshopKirk Nelson
- Photo EffectsHow to Create a Painted Pet Portrait Effect in Adobe PhotoshopKirk Nelson
- CaricatureHow to Create a Photo Caricature in Adobe PhotoshopKirk Nelson
- Photo EffectsManipulate a Portrait Photo to Create a Splatter Paint EffectBrandon Spahn
- Photo EffectsUse Retouching Techniques to Create a Caricature From a PhotoGabor Richter
- Photo EffectsAdd Dramatic Rain to a Photo in PhotoshopTony Aube
- Photo EffectsHow to Add Realistic Falling Snow to a Photo in PhotoshopTony Aube
- Photo EffectsHow to Apply a Plastic Mask Effect to a PortraitStefka Pavlova
- Photo EffectsCreate a Soil Cake for Pie Charts and InfographicsAnton Egorov
- Photo EffectsCreate a Fantasy City Using Architectural PhotographsJonas De Ro
- Photo EffectsPhotoshop in 60 Seconds: How to Create a Cinematic Photo Effect With ActionsMelody Nieves
- Day of the DeadHow to Create a Glamorous Calavera Portrait in Adobe PhotoshopMelody Nieves
20 Best Photoshop Effect Video Tutorials
If you're a visual person and prefer to watch Photoshop effects in action, I've got you covered with these free Photoshop photo effect tutorials.
Looking for out-of-the-box, creative photo editing ideas? Then this glitch Photoshop effect is for you. A glitch is a software error or bug that's often caused by a corrupted signal.
The kind of glitch created in this easy Photoshop effect tutorial is common to television or video games.
From our selection of the best Photoshop effect tutorials, we've got this one for you. This photo effect for Photoshop is inspired by African tribal makeup. You'll end up with a glowing Adobe portrait effect.
3D anaglyphs are really cool types of photo editing effects. To achieve the 3D photo effect, you'll learn how to create an image that contains two different colored images, one for each eye, using filters of typically red and cyan.
To experience that pop-out stereoscopic effect, you'll need 3D red cyan glasses. Nevertheless, it's worth checking this cool free Photoshop effect tutorial!
Rainbow effects are creative photo editing ideas. In this easy Photoshop effect tutorial, you can learn how to create a rainbow lens flare Photoshop effect in a few steps.
We've got plenty of photo editing ideas, like a color double exposure photo effect. This is one of the best Photoshop effect tutorials because it'll teach you how to combine two color images into one.
Adobe portrait effects are always among the most useful types of photo editing effects.
In this free Photoshop effect tutorial, you'll learn to turn a photo into a ballpoint pen drawing. Then, once you have the action, you can easily apply it to other photos.
If you need photo filters, then this is the best Photoshop effect tutorial for you. This video is full of amazing Photoshop picture editing ideas and Adobe portrait effects.
Painting effects are cool photo editing ideas. Why don't you check this free Photoshop photo effect tutorial to learn how to turn your pictures into paintings!
This is one of our popular Photoshop effect tutorials. You'll learn how to turn your photos into advanced sketches in a few steps. Everyone can create Photoshop effects, even those who've just opened Photoshop for the first time!
This free Photoshop photo effect tutorial explains how to create a Photoshop dreamy glow effect, with soft blur and bokeh in the background. It can be used as a pretty Adobe portrait effect as well.
Want more creative photo editing ideas? Have you ever seen a rubber stamp photo effect for Photoshop? We're sure this free Photoshop effect tutorial will blow your mind.
Sparkles are cool Photoshop picture editing ideas! Do you know how to create particle effects? You can use this technique for many magical photo effects. In this easy Photoshop effect tutorial, you’ll learn how to create a sparkle overlay effect for your pictures.
We've got more useful types of photo editing effects for you, like this sepia tone effect. You'll learn how to recreate the traditional look of old photos in this free Photoshop photo effect tutorial.
Want more Photoshop tutorials on photo effects? Check this cool photo editing idea. In this easy Photoshop effect tutorial, you'll learn to turn a photo into a pencil drawing by following some simple steps!
Here's an excellent video from our selection of Photoshop effect tutorials. In this Photoshop tutorial on photo effects, you'll learn how to create a distressed effect using smart filters, adjustment layers, and overlay textures in Adobe Photoshop.
Fan of comic books? Then this Photoshop effect tutorial is for you. Learn how to turn a picture into comic book art by following one of the best Photoshop effect tutorials we've got.
This Photoshop tutorial will teach you how to create Photoshop color effects for pictures using a light leak overlay and how to add an atmospheric fade effect with gradient fills and gradient maps.
We've got more creative photo editing ideas to share, like this Photoshop tutorial about a photo effect to turn photos into art text effects. Just follow this free Photoshop effect tutorial.
This free Photoshop photo effect tutorial will teach you how to create a vintage faded effect using such Photoshop effects as smart filters, adjustment layers, and overlay textures. Some cool types of photo editing effects, right?
To close our selection of brilliant photo editing ideas, we've got this great photo effect for you. It'll teach you how to create a smoke Photoshop effect from scratch. These are some fantastic Photoshop picture editing ideas, don't you think?
10 Premium Photo Effects From Envato Market
The tutorials above cover a wide range of effects you can achieve through practice and persistence. Additionally, you can always check our Envato Tuts+ YouTube channel, where you'll find more Photoshop picture editing ideas like this video:
But if you're short on time, you can always turn to the amazing selection of Photoshop actions on GraphicRiver and photo effects for Photoshop on Envato Elements for more awesome photo effects. Here we have a collection of ten premium Photoshop actions guaranteed to transform your photos in a few short clicks. Enjoy!
HDR or High-Dynamic Range photography is an incredible technique that results in powerful imagery. And you can achieve the look of pristine HDR photography with this Photoshop action. Included in this package are 25 adjustable effects, four sharpness levels, and even a starburst generator action as a bonus!
Get artsy with this realistic painting effect. Designed to simulate the look of traditional oil paintings, these photo effects for Photoshop include three actions, fully editable layers, and 15 different color presets. Explore your creative side with just a few simple clicks!
3. 90 Premium Actions Set (ATN)
You can never have enough Photoshop actions! And with this set of amazing premium actions, you can download 90 different looks. This package comes complete with retro-vintage effects, stunning black and white results, and so much more!
4. Cosmic Photoshop Action (ATN)
Explore the wonders of the universe with this spacey photo effect. With ten incredible color looks included, simply brush over the area you would like to apply the effect and press play. Enjoy this amazing cosmic effect in only a matter of seconds!
5. Soft Focus 2 Photoshop Action (ATN)
Create a legendary photo effect with this soft focus action. It has well-organized layers and simple instructions, and you'll even find a video tutorial included for additional help. Download these photo effects for Photoshop to gain access to this professional lighting effect.
6. Noire Photoshop Actions Vol 1 (ATN)
Looking for a cinematic photo effect? Well, you can turn your photo into a glamorous movie-style image with this noir-inspired Photoshop action. This package features 12 Photoshop actions along with helpful instructions and fully adjustable effects.
7. Dimension Photoshop Action (ABR, ATN, PAT)
Explode your photos into a million pieces with just a few simple clicks! This incredible package includes eight different glass patterns that can be scaled to various sizes, along with ten color options for even more variety.
8. Matte & Faded Photoshop Actions (ATN)
Love the look of vintage photography? Explore that matte and faded style with this stunning action set. This set includes 17 amazing Photoshop actions that come in a variety of subdued and faded effects. Get that professional retro look you love in almost no time at all!
9. Fury Photoshop Action (ABR, ATN)
If you're feeling furious, then you might want to express it with a powerful Photoshop action. Simply brush over the area where you would like to apply the effect and press play! It's just that simple! Download this package to gain access to this action and additional instructional materials.
Double exposure photography is a super trendy technique that merges two photos together for an amazing effect. And you can achieve an advanced level of manipulation with this incredible Photoshop action. With 18 color presets included, the effects are outstanding and truly limitless.
And for even more design help, enlist the help of the wonderful folks at Envato Studio to fulfill your photo effect needs!
Envato Tuts+ tutorials are translated into other languages by our community members—you can be involved too!Translate this post