Your clothing label design may not be the first thing you think of when you're creating your clothing masterpieces, but eventually you're going to need a label, and you'll want it to be visually engaging and informative.
That's where the clothing tag templates from Placeit come in. With these templates, you can create your own T-shirt labels and clothing label designs in no time. Let me show you how.
How to Make Custom T-Shirt Tags Online
To create your own T-shirt labels or general clothing label designs, follow these simple steps.
1. Select a Garment Label Template
- Go to Placeit.net and type Clothing Label Maker in the search bar.
- Review the templates on offer and select the one you like the most.
2. Select Your Background and Graphics
- Start with the controls on the right and select a background colour and a frame colour you like.
- Next, select an icon from those on offer. If you don't see anything you like, you can type a search term in the menu to find an icon with a specific theme. Here I've used "bird" as a search term.
- Once you have your icon, select your icon colours.
You can add a Bottom Graphic if you like, but I'm going to select "No Image".
3. Customise Your Text
- Now move to the controls on the left and add your text.
- You can also change the font style and colour if you like.
4. Experiment With the Layout
- You can move around the elements in your template for a better layout.
- If you don't like your changes, click the Reset Layout button to return to the default layout.
- With my example here, I went back to the controls on the right to change the background colour from white to a soft blue.
5. Download Your Custom Label Design
- When you are happy with your design, hit the Download button. This will take you to the download page, where you have two options for purchasing your design.
- You can either pay a single fee for your design or sign up for a monthly or yearly subscription that offers you unlimited downloads of all Placeit's designs, mockups, logos, videos, and gaming templates.
34 Best T-Shirt Tag Templates
Now that you know how to make T-shirt tags and other clothing tags, let's look at the best T-shirt tag templates available at Placeit.
This is a great custom label for just about any type of clothing. It allows you to add your own logo, provides a great central space for your brand name, and then allows you to add critical information like size, where the garment is made, and more.
Looking for a simple T-shirt design label? This is just what you need. Add your company name, clothing size, and any other necessary information. Then modify the colours to reflect your brand, and voila! Your shirt tag is ready to use.
The Placeit shirt tag maker is perfect for those who don't have the time or patience to learn complicated software. It takes a matter of minutes to customise your shirt label design online once you find a template you like.
How about this template? A great choice if you like the clean graphic look. Try inverting the text and background colour for black on white or get funky with colours of your choice.
A rose by any other name... would still be beautiful and still be a great symbol for your garment label, but if roses aren't your thing, upload your own logo or choose an icon from the range available with this template.
Ain't no mountain high enough to keep Placeit from delivering awesome clothing tag templates. Just take a look though the tons of designs on offer, and we're sure you'll find one that suits your taste.
How about this bold and attention-getting template? It's great for T-shirts or any other clothing you have in mind. Just change the colour scheme to reflect your brand, add your logo and text, and your clothing tag is ready to rock 'n' roll.
These custom T-shirt labels have a number of cool skeleton icons for you to experiment with. Great for a Halloween T-shirt series or fun costumes.
Fashion brands, this one is for you. Check out this gorgeous clothing tag template that's perfect for all kinds of garments. Just add your own logo or select a stunning logo from those on offer. Then add your brand colours and text, and your label is good to go.
Athletic brands that want to distinguish themselves from the crowd can't afford to add boring shirt tags to their sportswear. When you're stuck and looking for just the right label, check out the selection at Placeit.
Jazz up your clothing label design with this great tag. You can customise just about every aspect of the template. So why wait? Roll up your sleeves and get busy experimenting.
Simple does it every time. All you really need for a successful clothing tag are a few key elements. Use this clean and minimalist label to let your customiser know what they are getting and how to treat your garments for the best results.
This is a great label for those who like the clean, minimalist look, but don't worry if you like a bit more going on—this is the perfect template to dress up or down as much or as little as you want.
Here's another eye-catching template for those with discerning taste. What's great about this template is that you can keep the side bar designs for a more interesting look or you can remove them for a cleaner look. The choice is yours.
Clothing labels are composed of just a few elements, but everything depends on how those elements are put together. So make sure you use a template like this one found at Placeit to make your labels shine and stand out in their own right.
One of the great things about Placeit labels is that they come in all shapes and sizes. This one, for example, is somewhat bigger than most labels shown here. It's great for when you want to give your customer a bit more information so they can make a more informed purchasing decision.
If you're just a small brand and you're only just starting out, you probably don't have the money or time to develop your own logo or brand identity. Placeit can help with that. Every label comes with a selection of icons that you can browse until you find one that you would like to use for your collection.
Apart from a gorgeous selection of icons, every label gives you the opportunity to experiment with the colour picker to find colours that appeal to you and would represent the essence of your brand well. So don't be afraid to spend a little time experimenting with the label maker to get the look that's right for you. It may save you both time and money down the road.
This is the perfect inside clothing label for luxury brands. It's simple and bold, and you can easily make this label your own by changing the colours and adding your own text.
Here's another great choice for modern brands. Simple and bold with clean graphics and lines: what's not to love?
This is the template I used in my customisation example. As you can see from the example below, what I came up with in the end was significantly different from what I started with.
That's the beauty of the clothing brand label maker. No two labels need look alike.
Get cheeky with this monkey business clothing label template. Choose your colours, add your text, and your job is done.
No matter what colour text you choose, this is a clothing tag template that's designed to call attention to the brand. Try your text with it to see if it's right for you.
A fun T-shirt design label for... you guessed it, T-shirts! The handwritten text keeps things light and informal, but you can adapt this tag for other types of garments by changing the text.
If you're into the vintage, distressed look, you'll love this template. It offers loads of cool icons, and you can use the colour picker to add the exact colours that correspond to your brand.
Who says clothing labels all have to be black or white? It feels as though someone dictated that years ago and no one wants to break the rule, but standing apart from the crowd has everything to do with breaking rules, especially the ones that don't matter.
Apparel brands will love this versatile custom label. Dress it up or down according to your brand. Customisation is quick and easy with the Placeit shirt tag maker.
Punk style clothes should have a bit of an edgy feel, and that's exactly what you'll get with this skull-themed clothing label design. Give it a spin.
Kids' apparel deserves its own category, and here it is, with loads of fun icons and fonts that keep things light and playful.
Adding a lion to anything creates a royal feeling... or is that just in my head? Either way, if you have a distinguished garment line, this may be just the clothing label for you.
Be as colourful as you want to be when you customise your garment label template. Of course, that's not mandatory, but having fun with the no-fuss label maker is.
This clothing tag template is everything thunder and lighting should be: exciting and attention-getting. It's also easy to customise when you use the clothing tag maker.
The distressed look shows no signs of abating, so if it fits your brand, take advantage of this template and create an unforgettable clothing label.
Make Your Own Clothing Label Design Today
Now that you know how to make custom T-shirt tags online, why not use one of Placeit’s wonderful garment label templates to make your very own garment or T-shirt label?
And if you're interested in other designs and cool mockups, check out these handy roundups of the best resources in different categories:
- Mockups29 Best Sports Jersey Mockups With an Online Mockup GeneratorNona Blackman
- Product Mockup22 Best Tote Bag Mockups (Using an Online Mockup Generator)Nona Blackman
- Designing24 Best New Crew Neck Sweatshirt Mockup TemplatesNona Blackman
- Product MockupHow to Create a T-Shirt Mockup Using a T-Shirt Mockup GeneratorNona Blackman
- Product Mockup32 Best Leggings Mockups Using a Leggings Mockup GeneratorNona Blackman
- Mockups29 Best Sports Jersey Mockups With an Online Mockup GeneratorNona Blackman
- Mockups27 Best Racerback Tank Top Mockups Using an Online Mockup GeneratorNona Blackman
- Designing22 Best Hoodie Mockup Templates (Pullover and Zip-Up)Nona Blackman