Coupons are a great way to reward loyal customers and clients, so they should look as attractive as the discounts they're offering.
If you are a small business looking for a cost-effective way to create a professional quality coupon, then you have to check out Placeit. Not only does Placeit offer hundreds of gorgeous coupon templates, but it also provides an easy to use coupon maker so you can make your own coupon quickly and easily in a few simple steps.
Let me show you how.
How to Make Coupons With a Digital Coupon Creator
- Go to Placeit.net and enter 'Sales Coupons' in the search bar.
- Browse the coupon design ideas available.
- Select a coupon maker template you like.
- Click on it to open up the coupon creator.
- Now you will create your custom coupon template, starting with the controls on the right.
- Select a background image for your coupon template. If you want to upload your own photo, this is where you can do so by clicking on Upload Image.
- Alternatively, you can elect not to use a photo by selecting No Image and choosing a beautiful colour for your background instead.
- If your business has an icon that you wish to use, you can upload it next or choose an icon you like from those on offer.
- Now select a top and bottom banner colour for your coupon.
- When you are done, go to the left of the template.
- Here you will enter the text for your coupon and change the font style and colour if you like.
- You can also add additional text fields if you need them.
- You can move and resize your text or top and bottom banners if you like, and use the Reset Layout button to return to the default setting if you don't like what you've done.
- When you're happy with your design, hit the Download button.
- This will take you to the download page, where you have two options for purchasing your custom coupon design.
You can either pay a small fee for your single design or sign up for a monthly or yearly subscription that offers you unlimited downloads of all of Placeit's designs, mockups, logos, videos, and gaming templates.
Now that you know how to design a coupon, let's look at some of the best coupon design ideas available at Placeit.
30+ Best Coupon Templates
Who can resist a 2 for 1 offer, especially when it's paired with a mouth-watering image like this one? Of course, you can easily use your own image and change the text to advertise a completely different kind of offer too.
Don't know how to make coupons? It doesn't matter! Just use this simple template, swap in your own text and images, and you're done.
Why not learn how to design a coupon by playing with a template like this one? Switch out the background image, change the text, and see how easy it is to make your own coupon.
Boom! The offer is hard to miss here, with super-sized text and that bright red background. If it's too much, you can easily pull back a little by tweaking the template online.
Learning how to make coupons can be time-consuming and tedious, but a coupon maker template like this one means you can get it done in no time and get back to focusing on the more important aspects of your business.
Did someone say "smoothie bowls"? That one looks particularly delicious, but of course you'll have your own enticing image to use to promote your offer.
This business coupon template is so flexible. The example is for a photography studio, but you can easily change the text and use it to promote pretty much any type of company.
With this bakery or restaurant coupon template, you can give most of the space to your imagery, but there's still enough space to give people a nice discount in the bottom half.
You know the drill by now. This is billed as a gym coupon template, but by changing the image and text using the digital coupon creator, you can promote any business you want!
Try a touch of mystery with this coupon, which gives viewers a glimpse of the clothes on the left but leaves the rest of them partially hidden behind the text and colour overlay.
Why not tie your offer in with a particular holiday to make this an Easter coupon template or other holiday coupon template? The sky's the limit with Placeit's digital coupon creator.
Students love discounts, so why not offer them a generous discount and get yourself some loyal customers? This student coupon template makes it easy.
Out of coupon design ideas? No problem. You can use a template like this one as inspiration to make your own coupon. You'll never run out of ideas again!
Creative typography can be surprisingly persuasive. This coupon makes great use of different typefaces to communicate its message. Offering free coffee always helps too!
Here's a simple gift coupon template that you can use to help spread the word. The elegant design and abstract graphics make it easy to use it for a range of different businesses with minimal changes required.
Anyone who can do that pose definitely deserves their 50% off! The rest of us, though, can still use the template to make a coupon that's visually appealing and that customers will want to keep and use.
Some of the templates here are generic, but others cater to a specific niche. This car wash coupon template is definitely in the "niche" category. If you happen to run a car wash and need to make a coupon, it's your lucky day!
You don't need to be a designer or even know how to make coupons. All you need to do is use a referral coupon template like this one and edit it right in your browser. So simple!
Whether you're vegan or carnivore, you can get your customers salivating by uploading your best imagery to this restaurant coupon template (and by giving your best discount, of course).
Check out the elegant simplicity of this referral coupon template. The white text on a black background has a wonderful minimalism, and the percentage line extending to slice through the number is a lovely touch.
Make a coupon the easy way! This simple template gives you all the ingredients you need to make your own coupon with the minimum of fuss.
Need some fresh coupon design ideas? Check out an online coupon maker template like this one, which includes some cool design elements while keeping the attention focused on your all-important discount offer.
When you're learning how to design coupons, one popular principle is the dotted line at the edge to encourage people to "clip" them. Another is to make your offer super clear. This business coupon template makes great use of both those principles.
You've got to admire the optimism of someone who would create a coupon template with a $1,000 discount offer. If you're not feeling so generous, no problem—you can change the amount, as well as all the other details, with the online coupon maker.
Sometimes, bigger is better. If you want to grab your customers' attention by screaming "SALE" in big, bold letters against a bright red background, this is the business coupon template for you.
Want to offer a special discount to students? Use this student coupon template to get the job done. Of course, you could also use the same template to offer a range of different discounts.
Offer your customers a great deal on the holiday of their dreams! This holiday coupon template gives plenty of space for an enticing image to inspire wanderlust, as well as text to specify the details of the deal.
Let your customers print off a coupon giving them a discount on a meal. This restaurant coupon template is the perfect solution for making people's mouths water and getting them to come back to your restaurant. Try offering an extra discount to boost reservations on slow nights of the week.
Here's a printable gift coupon template that's suitable for a variety of different businesses. Give it out to reward your loyal customers, or let people buy the certificates to give to their friends.
Coupons can be either physical or digital these days, and this digital coupon creator is perfect for creating a web-based coupon. If the background graphic is not for you, don't worry—there are plenty more to choose from.
Want to generate more referrals for your business? A coupon is a great tactic to use. With this simple referral coupon template, you can drum up business for your spa, salon, or other type of company.
Let your customers give a gift that also spreads the word about your business! With this gift coupon template, you can make a stylish gift certificate that people will want to give away.
This last one won't be to everyone's taste, but if you like bright colours, bold text, and trippy designs, you'll love it. If not, you can always use the online coupon maker to tone things down a bit.
Make Your Own Coupon Today
Placeit is an excellent source for premium coupon designs. You can create your own with the online coupon maker in minutes and download it for a small fee.
Alternatively, if you regularly need mockups, logos, banners, and other design resources, Placeit offers unlimited downloads for one low monthly fee.
Check out the following articles to see what other terrific resources are available from Placeit.
- T-Shirt Design21 Awesome Funny T-Shirt Designs (And How to Make Your Own)Nona Blackman
- Magazine Design19 Best Magazine Cover Designs You Can Personalise (With a Magazine Generator)Nona Blackman
- Social Media20+ Social Media Image Maker Templates for Instagram, Facebook + MoreNona Blackman
- FaceMask Mockups25+ Best Face Mask Mockups (PSD, Mockup Generator)Nona Blackman
- Banner Ads20+ Online Ad Banner (Maker) Template Designs to Customise NowNona Blackman
- Mockups29 Best Phone Case Mockups (Using a Generator Without Photoshop!)Nona Blackman
- Live Streaming31 Best Twitch Stream "Starting Soon" Overlays Using a Twitch Overlay MakerNona Blackman
- Placeit24 Best Gaming YouTube Banners Made With a YouTube Banner MakerNona Blackman
Envato Tuts+ tutorials are translated into other languages by our community members—you can be involved too!Translate this post