When it comes to giving your images extra impact, Envato Elements has a wealth of actions to choose from. In this article, we cover 15 of our favourite for fashion photography. All of these actions are available for download as part of the Elements subscription.
Top Fashion Photoshop Actions and Presets for Photography
This set of film-like effects is inspired by the beautiful style of Japanese photographer Masashi Wakui. Includes 12 actions, fully non-destructive and editable. Excellent for night and low-light shoots.
Use Tallgrass to create natural colour toning for environmental portrait, fashion and editorial photography. This action adds volume and depth, with a color shift to enhance greens. Comes with two versions: regular and lite.
For a look with a cinematic feel, this set of actions is a good choice. Includes ten actions, each non-destructive and adjustable.
Beauty Box and Kolour Pro
The Beauty Box action set can give your digital retouching and cosmetics workflow a big productivity boost. This collection includes loads of actions for skin and makeup: actions to do basic retouching, actions for colour correction, actions for shading and definition, brush paletes, shadow palettes, and special tools for lips and eyes. An essential collection for fashion portraitists.
What Beauty Box does for skin, Kolour Pro does for hair. All you need to work with hair is included in this collection, with 51 actions for everything from taming frizz to complete colour changes.
Lightroom Presets for Fashion Photography
This preset collection is a different from the rest on this list. It's not a one-click style collection, but a set of basic adjustments and corrections that help save you time with your workflow, including colour, tone, contrast and detail. A very handy toolset. Use it in combination with a style preset below for maximum fashion workflow magic.
The matte look—slightly flat, slightly muted—works well for some fashion and editorial styles. This pack includes 20 presets to help you create a confident matte image, whether you work in studio or on-location.
A note about the next items and how to use them. Here are four sets of actions, each with two collections—so a lot of presets in total for each collection. Each set offers a different overall look, but enough flexibility to fit a variety styles.
Two high-quality style preset collections from Presetworks for photographers after the editorial look. Clean, sharp, natural. 20 and 13 presets.
These preset sets from 2FX are also about the editorial look. Slightly heavier effects than the above collections, but not too heavy. 30 and 20 presets.
These packs from 2FX are designed to help you "to create a trendy and consistent imagery for your blog" and social media with minimal fuss. 20 presets each.
Make Them Your Own
We hope you've enjoyed our selection of fashion actions and presets. If you try out any of the actions we've mentioned in this article, or there's anything in particular you'd like to see featured, we'd love to hear your thoughts and feedback in the comments below.
- RetouchingOpen Assignment: Beauty and Glamour Portrait RetouchingJackson Couse
- Post-ProductionHow to Increase Impact in Portraits With Selective MaskingChamira Young
- RetouchingHow to Perfectly Retouch Makeup for Beauty and Fashion PhotographyMelody Nieves
- Look at This!On the Station PlatformHarry Guinness
Looking for Lightroom Presets? Why not check out the following articles and recommendations to learn more:
- Photography100 Free Lightroom Presets (And How to Make Your Own)Andrew Childress
- Photography10 Top Instagram Look Presets and Color LUTs for Lightroom CC and MobileAndrew Childress
- PhotographyHow to Fade Your Adobe Lightroom Presets (for Precise Control)Andrew Childress
- Photography50 Free Lightroom Presets for Black-and-White Photography and How to Create Your OwnAndrew Childress
- Adobe LightroomHow to Create Toolkit Presets in Adobe Photoshop LightroomAndrew Childress
- PhotographyHow to Create a Preset in Adobe Lightroom in 60 SecondsAndrew Childress
- VideoTop 3 Film Emulation LUTs (Look Presets) to Instantly Change Picture StylesAndrew Childress
- Adobe Lightroom15 Top Adobe Lightroom Presets on Envato ElementsEnvato Elements
Subscribe below and we’ll send you a weekly email summary of all new Design & Illustration tutorials. Never miss out on learning about the next big thing.Update me weekly
Envato Tuts+ tutorials are translated into other languages by our community members—you can be involved too!Translate this post