Quick Tip: How to Use the Opacity Mask to Make High Gloss Icons and Reflections
The Opacity Mask is a somewhat hidden feature in Adobe Illustrator. Mask work like Photoshop's alpha channels to obscure parts of your artwork. In this Quick Tip, you'll learn how to use Opacity Masks to make reflections and highlights on a vector icon.
- PhotographyCreating a Skin-Tearing Illustration in PhotoshopDifficulty:AdvancedCompletion Time:Long
- PhotographyHow to Create a Portrait Mask Illusion With PhotoshopDifficulty:IntermediateCompletion Time:Medium
- PhotographyCreate a Surreal Miniature Portrait: Post-ProductionDifficulty:AdvancedCompletion Time:Long
- Design & IllustrationQuick Tip: What are Clipping and Masking in Inkscape?Difficulty:BeginnerCompletion Time:Quick
- PhotographyHow to Create a Magical Photo Manipulation: Post-ProductionDifficulty:AdvancedCompletion Time:LongArtists often work with a team of individuals to complete a project. This team could include a client, a creative director, an art director, a photographer, a retoucher, and a graphic designer. In this two-part tutorial, I teamed up with photographer Natalie Fobes to create a magical photo illustration that depicts a child interacting with toys that have come to life. In the process, we will show you how to not only shoot the photos that you need, but also, how to retouch them and combine them with stock photos to create artwork that closely resembles a sketch. Let's get started!Read More…
- Design & IllustrationQuick Tip: Four Ways to Crop a Vector Illustration in Adobe IllustratorDifficulty:BeginnerCompletion Time:MediumA reader asked how he could trim off the objects outside his artboard. There is no Crop tool in Adobe Illustrator, but there are a few ways to remove or hide excess shapes that overlap the edges of the artboard – if you want to. In this screencast, we show you four methods: the Pathfinder, Clipping Masks, Opacity Masks and marquee-erasing.Read More…