Have you always wanted to be an architect, but really just because you want to show people cool blueprints? Well‚ neither has Ryan, but he'll certainly show you how to create a blueprint illustration in Adobe Illustrator. It all starts with a square filled with a gradient, and demonstrates techniques that will help you create almost any type of document.
Note: If you're following along with the video, the details we use for our document are as follows.
- Document: Letter - Horizontal - RGB
- Grid: 20x20, 20% Opacity
- Square Gradient: (R to L)
- Curl Gradient: white
Edgy. Daring. Sometimes a little kooky. Graphic designers of all backgrounds turn to Ryan's QuintalDesigns.com for industry articles, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop Tutorials, and a host of other fun information. A blend of strong experience, innovative design, and geeky background. Ryan's current gig is as a Designer in Massachusetts, while at the same time, attending college, where he is honing his skills for his design career.more…
- Design & IllustrationCreate an Illuminated Text Effect in PhotoshopDifficulty:IntermediateCompletion Time:MediumIllumination effects are a fun way to make your typography more interesting. In this tutorial, I will show you how to create a text effect that is illuminated with tracks of small lights using several Photoshop tools including vector shapes, brushes, Layer Styles, and Adjustment Layers. Let's get started!Read More…
- Design & IllustrationCreate a High-Gloss, Bubble Gum Text Effect in PhotoshopDifficulty:AdvancedCompletion Time:LongWhen combined with the right techniques, the Pen Tool in Photoshop is an incredibly powerful tool to help you create your artwork. In this tutorial, I will show you how to create a glossy, bubble gum text effect using a combination of Photoshop's Pen Tool and Layer Styles. Let's get started!Read More…
- Design & Illustration22 Fun Gradient Mesh Tutorials in Adobe Illustrator for BeginnersGradient Mesh is often seen as a tough area to master in Adobe Illustrator. This week we've focused purely on beginner content for those who wish to get into meshing but want to know the basics. These aren't the only tutorials we have on Tuts+, in fact I'd like to share with you many of our others.Read More…
- Design & IllustrationCreate a Green Web Badge Using Live Corners in IllustratorDifficulty:BeginnerCompletion Time:MediumIn the following steps you will learn how to create a pretty simple, green web badge in Adobe Illustrator. For starters you will learn how to use the Star Tool and how to create your own star shape. Next, using the Live Corners feature you will learn how to easily add roundness for some of those sharp points. Moving on you will learn how to add subtle shading and highlights using the Appearance panel, simple effects plus some basic blending and masking techniques. Finally, you will learn how to add a textured background and a simple piece of text.Read More…
- Design & IllustrationCreate a Glamorous Champagne-Inspired Illustration in IllustratorDifficulty:IntermediateCompletion Time:Long
- Design & IllustrationHow to Use Brushes and Gradients in PixelmatorDifficulty:BeginnerCompletion Time:Quick