Quick Tip: Create a Custom Texture Directly in Illustrator for use with the Texturizer Effect
Any grayscale PSD (Adobe Photoshop document) can be used as a custom texture in Adobe Illustrator. In this screen cast, learn how to create a Photoshop texture without ever leaving Illustrator, then use it with the Texturizer effect. Illustrator has tons of built-in textures under the Effects menu that you can apply to any object. But why use an out-of-the-box texture when you can easily create your own?
- Design & Illustration25 Amazing Blend Tutorials in Adobe Illustrator on Tuts+
- Design & IllustrationInterview With Graphic Artist and Illustrator Marcelo SchultzMarcelo Schultz is a graphic designer and illustrator that specializes in typography, and is well known for an illustrative style that emulates the look of 3D. I recently had some time to chat with Marcelo. During our discussion, we talked about several topics ranging from social media to illustrative techniques. Let's take a look!Read More…
- Design & IllustrationCreate a Near Realistic Shield and Sword in Adobe IllustratorDifficulty:IntermediateCompletion Time:Long
- Design & Illustration26 Awesome Brush Tutorials for Adobe Illustrator on Tuts+The brushes in Adobe Illustrator are incredible tools that allow you to create and do a multitude of things. This week we've focused purely on beginner content for those who wish to get a better understanding on brushes. These aren't the only tutorials we have on Tuts+, in fact I'd like to share with you many of our others.Read More…
- Design & IllustrationThe Top 25 Vector Tutorials on Tuts+ in 2013
- Design & IllustrationQuick Tip: Create a Geometric Pattern With a Hexagon in IllustratorDifficulty:BeginnerCompletion Time:Medium