In this tutorial we are going to learn how to design a book in Adobe InDesign. We will start with the copy created in Microsoft Word and we will use the following steps for a fully automated workflow:
- Formatting Word documents for InDesign
- Creating an InDesign template for chapters
- Setting up Master pages (page numbering, header text)
- Importing text from Word to InDesign
- Explaining and using Smart Text reflow
- Creating a Book file and importing chapters
- Adding front of book part with special page numbering
- GREP for special line breaks with sentences starting with 'I'
- Creating Table of Contents
Let's get started!
About Martin Perhiniak
Martin is a Hungarian graphic designer, digital artist and an Adobe Certified Expert and Instructor (Design Master). He is currently teaching and working in London but usually travels around the UK and share his love for Adobe products and graphic design.+ Expand Bio- Collapse Bio
Suggested Tuts+ Course
Designing Media Kits That Sell$15
What Would You Like to Learn?
Suggest an idea to the content editorial team at Tuts+.