This Cyber Monday Tuts+ courses will be reduced to just $3 (usually $15). Don't miss out.
In this tutorial we are going to learn how to design a book in Adobe InDesign. We will start with the copy created in Microsoft Word and we will use the following steps for a fully automated workflow:
- Formatting Word documents for InDesign
- Creating an InDesign template for chapters
- Setting up Master pages (page numbering, header text)
- Importing text from Word to InDesign
- Explaining and using Smart Text reflow
- Creating a Book file and importing chapters
- Adding front of book part with special page numbering
- GREP for special line breaks with sentences starting with 'I'
- Creating Table of Contents
Let's get started!