This Cyber Monday Tuts+ courses will be reduced to just $3 (usually $15). Don't miss out.
In this final episode of the Digital Publishing with Adobe InDesign CC series we are going to learn about how to publish apps from InDesign from a finished folio design. Let's get started!
Links mentioned in the tutorial:
Layer name example to use in Photoshop CC with the Generator feature:
- 152 x 152 hd_152.png,
- 144 x 144 hd_144.png,
- 100 x 100 hd_100.png,
- 58 x 58 hd_58.png,
- 512 x 512 sd_512.png,
- 76 x 76 sd_76.png,
- 72 x 72 sd_72.png,
- 50 x 50 sd_50.png,
- 29 x 29 sd_29.png.
Steps to follow for automating the app icon creation process:
- Create a document in Photoshop with 1024 x 1024 pixel size
- Design your app icon artwork in Photoshop or place in your Illustrator artwork as a Smart Object and fit it to the document size
- Copy and paste the long definition from above to the artwork layer's name
- Save your PSD document on your computer
- Choose File > Generator > Image Assets
- Check the location on your computer where you saved the original PSD and find the assets folder with all the necessary app icon sizes.