Digital Publishing With InDesign CC: Publish Apps with the DPS App Builder
In this final episode of the Digital Publishing with Adobe InDesign CC series we are going to learn about how to publish apps from InDesign from a finished folio design. Let's get started!
Links mentioned in the tutorial:
Layer name example to use in Photoshop CC with the Generator feature:
- 152 x 152 hd_152.png,
- 144 x 144 hd_144.png,
- 100 x 100 hd_100.png,
- 58 x 58 hd_58.png,
- 512 x 512 sd_512.png,
- 76 x 76 sd_76.png,
- 72 x 72 sd_72.png,
- 50 x 50 sd_50.png,
- 29 x 29 sd_29.png.
Steps to follow for automating the app icon creation process:
- Create a document in Photoshop with 1024 x 1024 pixel size
- Design your app icon artwork in Photoshop or place in your Illustrator artwork as a Smart Object and fit it to the document size
- Copy and paste the long definition from above to the artwork layer's name
- Save your PSD document on your computer
- Choose File > Generator > Image Assets
- Check the location on your computer where you saved the original PSD and find the assets folder with all the necessary app icon sizes.