Come along and join the fun in the first of 2014's Tuts+ Vector Community Challenges! It's a jaunt through the world of fashion where, as Heidi Klum says, "You're either in, or you're out!" So get on in and put your toolbar to the test in designing hair, clothes, and more.
Get Involved: Doll Dress-up Challenge!
This design challenge began with two tutorials: Creating a Base Body and Designing Clothes and Hair.
The result of the first tutorial left us with this fabulous base body, perfect for a dress-up game.
And the second tutorial went through styles and techniques for handling hair, clothing, and accessories.
Now it's your turn! Download the doll template and customize the doll in any way you want. It's a new year. Time for fresh ideas and new challenges.
Interested in Dressing This Doll?
Would you like to participate in the Tuts+ Workshop: Doll Dress-Up Challenge? You have until the 17th February 2014 to finish and upload your outfit to be included in the showcase article.
How to Enter this Tuts+ Workshop:
- Download the doll template - which includes an AI CS and EPS 10 version of the base body. Create whatever sort of clothes, hair, and accessories you'd like for the doll. Design to your heart's content!
- Upload your design to the comments here on this article, making sure the width of the design is a fixed width of 600 pixels. When you save your file, Save to Web and denote the size as 600 pixels wide.
- Add your name, website (if any) and a short bio about you.
- Artwork must be uploaded to comments no later than 17th February 2014 to be included in the show case article.
- Artwork can be any style or theme as long as it's vector and 100% your own work.
- It's your choice how you stylize the base body. You don't have to keep the skintone, shadows, highlights, or facial feature colors in the file.
- You don't have to spend hours and hours on your piece, the project's aim is to be fun, fast and individual.
- You may submit more than one design. Create a whole closet of clothes if you wish!
- When you publish your work on this article, you agree that the graphic can be included in one or more articles on Tuts+ and perhaps shared with other readers on the Tuts+ network via social media.
- Have Fun!
We've had loads of tutorials that will help you create your doll design. Check out this list below and get to designing! We look forward to collecting your designs in the Tuts+ doll closet.
- Create a Colorful, 1940s-Inspired Witch in Adobe Illustrator by Mary Winkler
- How to Create a Colorful Fashion Illustration in Adobe Illustrator - Part 1 By Svetlana Makarova
- How to Create a Colorful Fashion Illustration in Adobe Illustrator - Part 2 By Svetlana Makarova
- How to Create a Beautiful Set of Zodiac Portraits in Illustrator - Part One by Mary Winkler
- How to Create a Beautiful Set of Zodiac Portraits in Illustrator - Part Two by Mary Winkler