This Cyber Monday Envato Tuts+ courses will be reduced to just $3. Don't miss out.
We're excited to announce that Tuts+ is currently looking for a copy editor to join our team. If you've got a love for language and written word, excellent communication skills, and a passion for teaching, this might be the job for you!
What Does the Role Involve?
This role centres around ensuring all published Tuts+ tutorial content is of a consistently high standard, with each piece meeting our style and grammar guidelines and being structured to best educate its intended audience.
You’ll be tasked with taking completed draft tutorials and polishing them into a shining beacon of grammatical excellence, ready for publication. We’re looking for exquisite spelling, perfect punctuation, an impressive grasp of sentence structure and the innate ability to massage complex ideas into simple learnings.
You'll be responsible for knowing our style guidelines inside out, updating them as required, and ensuring our content meets them at all times.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Excellent writing and editing skills, with a love of language.
- Fastidious attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills. The ability to professionally interact with both an editorial team, and individual authors or instructors.
- A clear understanding of the editorial workflow and experience working with editors.
- High level of initiative, independence and self-management.
- An attitude that aligns with Envato’s culture and values.
- You can work from anywhere.
- The time commitment is 40 hours per week.
- You'll be paid a competitive rate as a contractor.
- We provide access to most of the web services you need to use, though you’ll need to have access to your own software (e.g. Photoshop).
If you're interested in joining the team, we'd love to hear from you. You should first read the full job advertisement at Tuts+ Jobs, then follow the link in the advertisement to apply.
We'll be closing applications on Friday 15th August, but the sooner you can get in touch, the better!