It's almost been a year since I did my first Outstanding Vector Art from Creattica roundup. Since that time, a whole heap of awesome work has been posted to Creattica - Envato’s gallery website of great design and inspirational imagery.
Travis' greatest regret in life was that he never learned how to fill out biographical information.more…
- Design & IllustrationVector Battle: Round One - Diamonds (Start)
- Web DesignAn Introduction to the Macaw InterfaceDifficulty:BeginnerCompletion Time:Quick
- Design & IllustrationInterview With Graphic Artist and Illustrator Marcelo SchultzMarcelo Schultz is a graphic designer and illustrator that specializes in typography, and is well known for an illustrative style that emulates the look of 3D. I recently had some time to chat with Marcelo. During our discussion, we talked about several topics ranging from social media to illustrative techniques. Let's take a look!Read More…
- Design & IllustrationThe Top 25 Vector Tutorials on Tuts+ in 2013
- Design & IllustrationCreate a Quick and Easy Skyscape Using Image Trace in Adobe IllustratorDifficulty:BeginnerCompletion Time:QuickImage Trace in Adobe Illustrator is handy for many reasons. If you use the program for illustrations mostly, it's one of the tools usually avoided as you can easily recognize images that have been traced in Adobe Illustrator and because it has it's own "style", it often clashes with whatever style you're working with. I personally wouldn't recommend using it on an element in an illustration that has a lot of focus, as the viewer's eye will be attracted there instantly. But using Image Trace in background elements to help enhance an illustration or even to create texture and add depth to, for example, a character's clothing (or if you happen to be in a rush), this tool can be really great!Read More…
- Design & IllustrationCreattica Redesign: Recent Inspirational VectorsIt's a month of new beginnings over at our design and inspiration gallery Creattica. April has seen the site undergo a complete redesign with a whole new streamlined grid-style layout for its over 50 different categories. On top of that, Creattica now has better navigation, a new UI Elements section and a growing Freebies area of now over 700 items. All this and over 14,000 featured works from some 100,000 members. It's quite the site! But that's not all, let's first take a look at some of Creattica's top Vector work- and then stay tuned for some exciting news at the conclusion!Read More…