Nat Monney is a matte painter and Psdtuts+ author from Switzerland. His work typically involves some form of digital painting, photo manipulation, or both. In this article, we will take a look at a few of our favorites from his portfolio.
About the Author
- Game DevelopmentSurviving GDC: Tips for Game Conference Success
- Design & IllustrationCreate a Fantasy City Using Architectural PhotographsDifficulty:AdvancedCompletion Time:LongBecause matte painting often involves combining several photos to achieve an end-result, matte paintings can be great practice for anyone who wants to learn how to create photo manipulations. In this tutorial, we will show you how to create a fantasy city that is built on a rock structure, similar to Minas Tirith from "The Lord of the Rings." In the process, you will learn several techniques to help you incorporate architectural photos into your artwork. Let's get started!Read More…
- Design & IllustrationThe Stunning 3D Typography of David McLeod
- Design & IllustrationSpaceships, Spaceships, and More Spaceships by Adam Burn
- Design & IllustrationFuturistic Cityscapes by Scott Richard
- PhotographyJacob Riis and "How the Other Half Lives"