Realistic and Believable Character and Creature Concepts of Ken Barthelmey
Ken Barthelmey is a Luxembourg based concept artist with a talent for producing realistic and believable character and creature concepts. Barthelmey also creates short speed painting videos demonstrating his process. In this article, we will feature some of our favorite work from his portfolio.
- 3D & Motion GraphicsCreate a Cartoon Plesiosaur with Maya & ZBrush: Part 2Difficulty:IntermediateCompletion Time:LongIn the second and final part, you'll UVMap the Plesiosaur using the free program Roadkill, and then move back into ZBrush to texture the model using ZBrush's awesome Polypainting features. From there it's onto baking and converting that polypaint data onto the UVMapped model, using xNormal's outstanding projection tool-set. And finally, you'll construct the shaders back in Maya.Read More…
- 3D & Motion GraphicsCreate a Cartoon Plesiosaur with Maya & ZBrush: Part 1Difficulty:IntermediateCompletion Time:LongIn this two part tutorial, you'll learn how to model, sculpt, UVMap, texture and render a cartoon Plesiosaur using Maya, ZBrush, NEX, Roadkill and V-Ray. Part one includes creating a base mesh in Maya from concept art, sculpting and detailing in ZBrush, UVMapping with Roadkill and Re-topology in Maya using Nex.Read More…
- Design & Illustration14 Spectacular Children's Illustrations by Salvador Ramirez Madriz
- Design & IllustrationThe Remarkable Concept Art and Environments of Jonas De Ro
- Design & IllustrationThe Sci-Fi and Character Illustrations of Patrick Reilly
- Design & IllustrationThe Stunning Character Concepts and Matte Paintings of Marvin P. Sola